Lab Technician - 1st shift
Consumer products company looking for an experienced QC Lab Technician to work on the 1st shift, Monday - Friday from 5:00 am - 1:30 pm (but must be flexible to train from approximately 7:30 am - 3:30 pm for the first couple months)
Well established, international business with a positive work environment and professional management team.
- Color Matching samples with spectrophotometer and visual review
- Using an analytical balance and viscometer
- Detailed documentation of lab formulations
- Assisting with general laboratory duties
- Strong math skills are needed to work out color formulations and verify accuracy
- Professional communication with the team is essential
- The ability to accurately detect differences in similar colors is required
Education / Experience
- Some experience working in a Quality Control Laboratory position is preferred but not required
- BS in material science or related field is preferred but not required
- Comparable industry experience is welcomed
- The ability to work independently and be self-directed
- Good math skills calculating percentages and weights is required
- Good attention to detail is needed - having the mindset that when it leaves your lab/desk all is accurate!
This position will start as soon as a qualified candidate is identified. Please apply today to [email protected]
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.