This role is responsible for the final testing and commissioning of complexed Audio-Visual systems during and post build. This position will also provide technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments as well as establish goals and plans that meet project objectives. You’ll work closely with the Project Manager to provide documented test result from system testing and commissioning.
Location: Billerica, MA
Duration: 3 month contract to hire (guaranteed 40 hours a week with strong overtime potential)
- Read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints
- Test point-to-point functionality of systems
- Review project Scope of Work (SOW) to ensure quality and completeness of installation
- Test integrated systems and perform troubleshooting for AMX/Crestron and DSP systems
- Field installation of control programs (AMX/Crestron) – upload and download capability
- Write code for DSP systems
- Make minor programming changes under the direction of an engineer or programmer
- Fine tune audio video systems to ensure optimal performance
- Configure IP addressable devices to establish communication on a network
- Perform client training and final job documentation as needed
- Act as a customer liaison in absence of Project Manager
- Create, track, and complete a project Punchlist
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.