Associate Scientist II/Scientist- NGS
Associate Scientist II/Scientist- NGS 2010116
Location: Boston, MA (Onsite)
Science: Cell & Gene Therapy
Therapeutic Area: Various
Job Overview: This candidate will independently run and optimize NGS workflows, design and execute experiments, develop new assays, meet timelines, present data, contribute to lab organization, and foster a positive work environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Perform targeted sequencing to analyze gene expression patterns and identify potential therapeutic targets.
- Collaborate with the R&D team to validate and optimize new molecular-based assays for genomic analysis.
- Maintain accurate records of experiments, development work, and testing in a GMP environment using electronic notebook solutions.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in cell/molecular biology or related field with 6+ years of lab experience.
- Strong technical expertise in molecular biology techniques, including RNA/DNA extraction, qPCR, NGS library prep, and quantification.
- Hands-on experience with various sequencing assays, such as targeted sequencing, RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, and bisulfite sequencing, and a familiarity with Illumina short-read technologies.
- Preferred skills include NGS assay/process development, experience with PacBio/ONT long-read technologies, industry experience, and knowledge in cell culture and epigenetics.
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.