Sr Active Directory Engineer - Placement
Apex Systems has a 50% Remote immediate Opportunity for a Sr. Active Directory Engineer for our client in Washington, DC. If interested, please respond with a copy of your most up to date resume.
Senior Active Directory Engineer
The Directory Services Engineering Team is seeking an Active Directory (AD) Senior System Engineer with advanced PowerShell scripting capability, responsible for analysis, design, and implementation coordination and Tier-3 level support for complex, enterprise level AD and Cloud solutions for the Department of State.
The Senior Systems Engineer will work within the AD Engineering Team organization, interacting with peer teams and partner groups, scaling and deploying improvement, consolidation and migration efforts within the enterprise.
This role requires an in-depth knowledge of the Active Directory, Domain controllers, Azure Cloud with a proficiency in PowerShell scripting. The candidate must have demonstrated prior and active experience in managing multi-domain issues. The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department of State (DOS) technical modernization program.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
Some occasional travel may be required to offices in Springfield, VA, Beltsville, MD or other locations within the DC Metro area.
This role is temporarily a hybrid remote schedule due to Covid-19, but could be asked to return to the office full time at the request of the customer.
Description of Duties:
- Analysis, design, testing and deployment of Active Directory, Azure AD & Domain Controllers
- Advanced knowledge of PowerShell scripting capability with an understanding cloud scripting
- Tier 3 level troubleshooting including diagnosing complex replication and multi domain issues.
- Develop standards, target states, roadmaps, effectively communicating and obtaining consensus across architecture, engineering, and operations teams
- Independently manage and perform engineering role for large scale Active Directory efforts and initiatives
- Perform various functions and duties in support of audit and compliance deliverables/
- Develop detailed architecture, standards, design and implementation documentation
- Analyze current Active Directory Security Baseline deployments to identify both technical and operational challenges while making recommendations and developing solutions for improvement
- Participate in or lead complex or high severity troubleshooting and incident/problem resolutions with other infrastructure teams
- Translate business needs into workable solutions that meet the requirements of enterprise customers and Operations teams.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more system engineering experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; May accept additional training and experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience and confidence to be the subject matter expert (SME) Senior Active Directory System Engineer in a large AD environment with the proven ability to coordinate technical efforts and resolve issues across multiple teams.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 2016 and 2019 Member Servers and Domain Controller operating systems platforms, DNS, networks, DMZs, network security zones
- Advanced PowerShell scripting experience and capabilities
- Expert knowledge of ADDS, ADFS, Azure AD and Windows Server Operating Systems 2016 & up.
- Experience working on on-prem and cloud platforms
- Extensive and deep knowledge of advanced PowerShell scripting, Group Policy Objects (GPO) experience, Group Policy precedence order and scope of management, WMI filters, Group Policy Preferences, group-based GPO filtering,
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including proven experience effectively communicating technical challenges and solutions to peers, customers and senior management
- A Strong understanding of DNS Management
- Strong understanding and practical experience using of Group Policy for server management
- Interim Secret clearance to start work with eligibility to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Microsoft MSCE certification (Desired)
- Experience working in Azure environment
- Microsoft and/or networking certifications.
- Working knowledge of Certificate/CA/PKI infrastructure
- Working knowledge of LDAP and ability to comfortably construct queries
- Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Understanding of 3rd party management and monitoring solutions (SCCM, SCOM, others)
- Familiarity with DoS processes.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.