Desktop Support Technician
The technician will provide comprehensive technical support services to all OTA staff located throughout the State. Hours of service are from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. This position will rotate work locations between Headquarters 3500 N Martin Luther King Ave, OKC and Pikepass 4401 W Memorial, OKC on a routine schedule. Generally, this position does not require nights or weekends.
Principle Responsibilities: (Essential Function)
- Timely follow-up on their assigned and open tickets within the required service level
- Monitor high severity incidents to ensure resolution within communicated service level
- Provides technical support regarding system configuration, program usage, and desktop problems to users
- Support and troubleshoot Microsoft Office 2016
- Responsible for assigning and resetting passwords using Active Directory and testing systems security
- Records problem and resolution details in ticketing system
- Applies knowledge of company policies and standard practices to resolve problems
- Analyzes issues and uses judgment to make decisions
- Escalates non-standard problems or issues
- Alerts manager to reoccurring problems and patterns of problems
- Works with all levels of management, including direct support to Executives
- Undertakes special projects as directed
- Build computers, i.e., load windows from image, install software, and set user configurations, etc.
- Assist in Mobile device management
- Assist in equipment procurement/inventory process – daily
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities
- Proficiency with Windows troubleshooting
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft O365 applications
- General knowledge of computer networking
- General knowledge of remote troubleshooting with Remote Desktop application
- General troubleshooting, knowledge of typical computer peripherals (ex. Printers monitors, etc.)
- Self-motivated and able to work on multiple tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively in large or small group settings
- Working knowledge of current and future technical trends and information
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position - the duties of this job require frequent standing, walking and reaching. Routinely, employees are required to sit; to manipulate objects and tools; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must routinely lift computer, printers, monitors and other computer peripherals and occasionally lift 60 to 100 pounds.
- Associates degree (AS) in Computer Science or related field preferred, but not required
- Competency in Windows 10/11
- At least 2 years of previous experience with desktop support
- Maintain inter-department relationships to resolve client issues
- Effectively communicate with extended service providers, IT Management and IT infrastructure groups
Other Requirements: Must pass background and vehicle checks.
**If interested, please email most up to date resume to [email protected]
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.