Senior Project Acquisition Manager
Job Title: Sr. Project Acquisition Manager
Client Type: Government Business Consulting and Services
Clearance Required: Active Top Secret
Certification Required: Certified Acquisition Professional: FAC-C or DAWIA
Contract Length: 6 months – contract to hire
Location: Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX – 100% onsite
The Senior Project Acquisition Manager will work with the 16th Air Force on a new contract tracking the flow of funds from Congress to the appropriate units within the 16th AF. This person will be working side by side with Financial Analysts and the client to create a plan for future acquisition strategies.
- Project management including managing multiple priorities against ambitious timelines.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of project management and earned-value management principles and their application to complex projects.
- Formulate and apply mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions.
- May collect and analyze data and develop decision support software, service, or products.
- May develop and supply optimal time, cost, or logistics networks for program evaluation, review, or implementation.
- Budgetary and fiscal responsibility and able to communicate deadlines and roadblocks with stakeholders.
Must have skills/technologies:
- Active Top Secret or Top Secret/SCI required.
- Certifications: Certified Acquisition Professional - Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C), or DAWIA
- 5+ years of experience in a large-scale DOD acquisition or project management environment
- Knowledge of POM and PPBE cylces.
- Bachelors degree required
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.