Contracting Agent II
Apex Systems is hiring for a Contracting Agent Level II role with our client in downtown San Diego! Some travel will be required. Job details are included below. If you are interested, please send over an updated copy of your resume to Kayla at [email protected]
Job Title: Contracting Agent II
Location: Downtown San Diego/with some travel required
Contract Duration: 1 year contract with the strong potential to extend!
- Manages entire purchasing process for moderate - higher value / moderate - higher risk and moderately complex materials and/or services.
- Assists client in developing requirements and scope of work documentation.
- Writes and manages solicitation documents.
- Coordinates proposal evaluations.
- Recommends contract awards.
- Writes purchase documents.
- Evaluates supplier qualifications.
- Identifies alternative suppliers.
- Negotiates purchase agreements.
- Works closely with internal support organizations including Law Department, Accounts Payable, and Risk Management. Documents entire purchasing process.
- Develops and manages supplier alliance opportunities.
- Resolves conflict between suppliers and company.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships within teams and suppliers to optimize Total Cost of Ownership; assists clients with the development of specifications, requirements and scopes of work; identifies opportunities for greater use of industry specifications, identifies alternate service applications, and secures reliable, cost-effective sources for moderate - higher value / moderate-higher risk materials and/or service.
- Meets with internal clients on a regular basis to understand client needs and to strengthen client relationships.
- Assists with development and implementation of purchasing strategies for moderate - higher value / moderate - higher risk materials and/or services that meet company requirements.
- Maintains emphasis on reliable and efficient suppliers, lowest overall cost, optimum quality and availability, and significant contribution to the Supplier Diversity (WMDVBE) goals.
- Leads special projects as directed by Portfolio Manager to identify and implement cost saving programs.
- Works on cross-functional teams to develop strategies to add value through Supply Management lead projects.
- Trains clients in formal training settings and informally through ongoing contact in proper contract management and administration principles.
- Ensures client compliance with appropriate Procurement, Ethical Behavior, and Accounting policies.
- Mentors lower level Contracting Agents and support staff.
- Maintains records to demonstrate that proper protocol was followed in the sourcing and contracting processes and in the implementation of the supplier relationship.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.