REMOTE BMC Control-D Consultant
Job Description:BMC Control-D Consultant
Apex Systems is looking for a REMOTE Control-D Consultant. Interested candidates should email their resume to our recruiter Hunter at [email protected]
- Support non-prime business hours, including weekends.
- Daily support of the Control-D environment and processes.
- Understand and trouble shoot Report Mission and Decollation process issues.
- Understand and trouble shoot issues with CDAM files as well as other report mission configuration settings and functionality. Also, a good understanding of Indexing in either PDF or straight text reports.
- Good working knowledge of Control-D Web Access server and ability to log in, look up reports by use of filtering.
- Moderate to advanced problem resolution – resolving problems to final resolution with root cause.
- Ability to work with our vendors to trouble shoot problems and fixes as well as the ability to provide and identify diagnostics needed for root cause.
- Problem prevention – reviewing system and software information on a regular basis in addition to reviewing vendor detail for potential system bugs and maintenance that need to be applied.
- Installing third-party mainframe software and software fixes as it relates to Control-D.
- Solid knowledge of z architecture mainframe systems is required for a candidate to
- be considered for this role.
- Strong behavioral skills and technical skills present.
- Moderate understanding of system concepts of IT Infrastructure environments.
- Advanced understanding of z architecture hardware.
- Moderate working ability to a programming language, i.e. Assembler, COBOL, REXX, SAS.
- Moderate knowledge of JCL, TSO/ISPF and SDSF concepts and functionality.
- Understands and practices documented testing and implementation procedures.
- Strong skills in both verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical thinking.
- Attention to Detail: Applying relevant quality standards to most tasks undertaken.
- Capable of working in a highly collaborative working environment with colleagues and
- customers from different cultural backgrounds.
- Complies with information security policies qualifications.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.