Manager, Project Management Office (PMO)
Job Description:Manager, Project Management Office (PMO)
Salary: $106,170 - $124,905
Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday - Friday (Core Hours = 9:00am - 3:00pm)
Location: Coast Salish Musqueam Nations - Vancouver: Sinclair Office
Work Type: Hybrid (Flexible – 2 days / week in the office)
The First Nations Health Authority (FNHA) and its employees are committed to a proactive holistic approach to health and wellness, and to the delivery of services which are sustainable and honour the customs and traditions of First Nations communities.
The Manager, Project Management Office (PMO) leads the PMO in the management of the overall process of discovery, initiation, planning, implementation, and closing of projects according to the FNHA Project Management Life Cycle.
The role aligns PMO operations with the IMIT strategy of FNHA, to promote IT governance and enable business transformation. Manages the adoption of the FNHA change management methodology, and integrates it within the PMO processes to effectively manage the organizational transitions through large enterprise projects.
The position is responsible for managing a team of project managers, project coordinators, and other supporting staff to ensure high performance and the evolution of PMO best practices. Oversees all project activities, operations, and deliverables. Establishes metrics for PMO operations.
This role allocates the PMO resources to deliver projects and support the business, and collaborates with FNHA managers / directors and executives to define Project Management methodologies, build PMO processes, and promote best practices throughout FNHA. Provides strategic input into the prioritization and implementation of projects within the context of FNHA strategic goals and direction. Supports the establishment and application of the architecture practice and integrate it into to the project management life cycle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs and manages the development, implementation and adoption of FNHA Enterprise Project Management methodologies, processes and tools.
- Directs the management and implementation of complex projects, and provides direction to ensure successful deliveries following the corporate standards and framework.
- Promotes and matures best practices of project management throughout the organization.
- Plans and drives the PMO operations to support the IMIT strategy and business transformation, setting work priorities, hiring needed resources, and providing leadership direction to the PMO team.
- Conducts project portfolio reviews, provides ongoing strategic analysis of project portfolios, and recommends to Senior Management on resource allocation and project scheduling to ensure the alignment with the business goals. Leads the team to implement an architect practice that is integrated with PMO processes to promote IT governance through project management.
- Conducts formal portfolio management review of all PMO projects, assesses risk to timeline, budget, scope, quality and customer satisfaction and implements mitigation plan to ensure effective transition to operations.
- Collaborates with Senior Management and Executive teams to manage the intake and assessment of new project requests, and build project portfolios and roadmaps to support multiple business groups.
- Manages collaborations across various departments in FNHA to support important corporate initiative, engaging and managing complex stakeholders group.
- Develops strong relationships with key stakeholders, including managers/directors of other departments.
- to Senior Management and Executive teams on the status of project portfolios and performance of IMIT.
- Supports the change management staff in applying the change management methodology and implementing the change management processes.
- Provides strategic influence in reviewing, developing and revising broad policies and procedures that are consistent and aligned to FNHA goals.
- Provides leadership, management and direct supervision to a team of PMO staff, including selection, coaching, development, performance management and all other people management practices.
- Provides leadership, management and direct supervision of PMO technical resources to provide solution options analysis and technology guidance.
- Provides leadership to support the adoption of the organizational change management methodology and its integration through the project lifecycle.
- Develops workable plans of PMO, including operating plans, measures and timelines, and manage human and technical resources to achieve the goals.
- Creates and maintains staffing plan to support the current and future work demands, and ensures coverage of all areas of expertise necessary to support and grow the PMO operations.
- Manages a team of PMO staff, providing ongoing development, coaching, and career planning of all direct reports;
- Conducts and documents performance reviews and assessment, recommends recognition and rewards, and handles people management issues in accordance with company policies and practices.
- Supports the reporting staff in their development of cultural humility, and supports each team member’s individual Health and Wellness journey.
- Manages the budget for reporting areas, ensuring that all service and expenditures are maintained within established limits.
- Manages external consultants and other service providers involved in project management and delivery assignments in reporting areas; and ensures standards, quality and timeframes are addressed in all deliverables.
- Establish effective on-going communications with various organizations internally and externally, at all levels of FNHA, including communication with First Nations communities and negotiation with third party vendors when necessary.
- Fosters collaboration with the IMIT team to synergize and share best practices, identifying learning opportunities
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Computer Science/Business/Health Informatics) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certificate in Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) is required
- Minimum of 8 years of Project Management experience in managing large complex organizations
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing IT application and infrastructure projects, programs, or portfolios.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of demonstrated leadership and management responsibilities in leading diverse teams
- Proven experience in people, IMIT, risk and change management
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Proven experience in managing portfolio of large projects from inception to completion applying variety of project management methodologies, such as waterfall and agile.
- Extensive experience in preparing project documents
- Extensive experience managing multiple diverse stakeholders
- Extensive experience communicating to various levels of organization, including senior executives
- Experience in conducting a variety of procurement activities including Requests for Proposal and Contract Management.
- Versed in the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management methodologies and best practices such as Agile/Scrum and practices as defined by PMI
- Knowledge of portfolio management techniques and tools
- Knowledge of information management and information technology
- Knowledge of change management
- Knowledge of procurement and contract management processes
- Knowledge of business analysis, solution architecture, and enterprise architecture
- Ability to lead, consult, build consensus, resolve conflict, negotiate, and build high performing teams
- Ability to motivate staff and effectively lead a team
- Ability to manage diverse stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal teams and external business units
- Ability to effectively communicate to executives, managers, and staff at all levels
- Ability to and direct complex projects, set priorities, and solve problems
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in an environment with constantly changing conditions and competing deadlines
- Ability to work under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to synthesize information into clear action items, issues, risks and decision logs
- Ability to understand the dependencies between different portfolio/project work streams and identifies conflicts and risks and escalate as necessary
- Ability to handle a complex and demanding workload, including the ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail
- Able to work both independently and within a team matrix environment
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and matters in a trusted and responsible manner
- Ability to effectively facilitate groups to achieve appropriate outcome.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations and workshops.
- Ability to identify, obtain, and effectively manage organizational resources (e.g., people, materials, assets, budgets).
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
- Sensitivity to and understanding of key issues and opportunities for BC First Nations health
- Strong leadership skills and competencies
- Flexible, adaptable, and collaborative
- Strategic systems thinker and visionary
- Analytical, detailed oriented, and problem solver
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.