2x Vulnerability Management Analyst
Job Description:Vulnerability Management Analyst
Client: Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
Client Industry: Healthcare IT
Office Location: 1795 Willingdon Ave, Burnaby, BC, Canada, V5C 6E3
Work Type: Hybrid* – 1 day / month onsite required.
- Proposed Candidates must live in BC.
Expected Hours: Full Time - 40 hours / week (Contract-To-Hire or PERM available)
Hours of Work: 0800 - 1600 (Monday to Friday)
Contract Length: 6 Months Contract-To-Hire or PERM
Intended Start Date: ASAP
- $75,000 - $90,000 – Intermediate Level (Level 7)
- $90,000 - $108,000 – Senior Level (Level 8)
The Lead, Technology Services provides leadership and supervision to Technology Services by developing staffing policies, processes and procedure documentation that are responsive to customer needs, coordinating work flow, implementing a continuous improvement process, hiring staff and managing staff performance. Reports to and liaises with Technology Services Provincial Manager to determine staff scheduling service requirements and to establish service level agreements. Works in collaboration with the Technology Services Leadership Team to identify and report Key Performance Indicators and risks relative to delivered service. Establishes effective relationships with Technology Services teams and key stakeholders to ensure processes and systems are working efficiently and to identify areas for improvement. Adheres to industry best-practice based on Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework process standardization across the team.
What You’ll Do:
- Liaises with Technology Services Leaders to determine staff scheduling service requirements and establish service level agreements; ensures required services are delivered and are modified as team requirements change. Acts as the point of escalation for Technology Services staff and provides support and guidance in unclear situations.
- Provides feedback and coaching when issues arise related to staff performance and client feedback. Engages and leads staff by creating a work environment that motivates and inspires team work that delivers high employee and customer satisfaction. Establishes clear definitions of responsibility for each employee, ensures adherence to efficiency, quality and customer service standards; provides coaching and guidance, and reviews workload assignments. Investigates work and staff issues and where necessary initiates disciplinary action up to and including termination in consultation with Human Resources.
- Defines an effective workforce plan, identifies and supports training needs and staff development, and evaluates individual and team performance in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates new or changed team policies, methods and procedures to meet team goals and objectives and stakeholders’ service requirements. Develops and reports on Key Performance Indicators relative to team goals and objectives.
- Contributes to business process improvement activities by working closely with technology and application specialists and functional experts to review processes, tools, services, policies and systems and implement appropriate changes using Key Performance Indicators. Coordinates team initiated Requests for Change with stakeholders and change owners to move changes forward as required. Maintain team Risk Register and contribute to business cases as required.
What You Bring:
- Proficient experience supporting Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Hands on experience with vulnerability management and patch deployment tools (SCCM, Tenable) within large 24/7 infrastructures
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology, or other related field plus a minimum of five years’ recent related leadership experience in an enterprise IT environment.
- ITIL Foundation certification. Advanced ITIL certification(s), experience with IT Service Management software suites such as:
- HP Service Manager or IBM Tivoli,
- experience with report generation utilizing Crystal Reports, Business Objects, or similar, and
- prior experience with Release or Change management processes, concepts and tools preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (technical and non-technical communication).
- Extensive experience with problem and incident management processes, concepts and tools. Experience in an enterprise IT environment in the role of problem manager, incident manager, process analyst, or similar.
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure, including operating systems, networking, databases, information security, and web applications.
- Strong interpersonal and client interfacing skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and analysis skill sets.
- Ability to organize resources across different teams to drive resolution of system critical issues. Ability to direct and manage SLA oversight, adherence and reporting. Ability to manage communications and maintain team focus on service restoration during critical outages. Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently to achieve team goals. Ability to develop, implement, measure, and improve repeatable IT processes
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Awareness of and commitment to learning and understanding the Truth & Reconciliation Commission’s 94 Calls to Action (2015), In Plain Sight Report (2020), BCs Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019), and Reclaiming Power and Place Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women & Girls calls for justice, and how they intersect across the health care system.
- Supports team members on their learning journey, ensuring education strategy for team/department to implement Indigenous Cultural Safety at a practical level.
- Works collaboratively with appropriate Indigenous teams/departments to ensure ICS lens applied holistically.
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BCs Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
What We Bring:
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.