Intermediate Security Investigator
Technical Security Analyst – Enterprise Architecture and Security
Client: Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
Client Industry: Healthcare IT
Office Location: 1795 Willingdon Ave, Burnaby, BC, Canada, V5C 6E3
Work Type: Hybrid* – 1 day / month onsite required.
- Proposed Candidates must live in BC.
Expected Hours: Full Time - 40 hours / week (Contract-To-Hire or PERM available)
Hours of Work: 0800-1600 (Monday to Friday)
Contract Length: 6 Months Contract-To-Hire or PERM
Intended Start Date: ASAP
Salary (PERM): $72,455 - $85,000 Full Time Salary
CLIENT BACKGROUND INFORMATION
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Technical Security Analyst reports to the Manager, Security, and provides technical security leadership and expertise as well as supports the privacy and security auditing capability for clinical applications within Information Management Information Technology Services (IMITS) that provides services in the Lower Mainland to Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC).
In addition to demonstrating general security-related knowledge, the Technical Security Analyst is a proven expert in at least one core technical competency (such as boundary controls, antivirus, intrusion detection/prevention, monitoring/reporting) and consults on projects that require those skills.
Responsibilities include conducting system audits and reviews to determine and investigate system breaches, analyzing networks, systems and applications using a variety of Risk Management and Security Audit methodologies, and developing comprehensive reports detailing findings. Analyzes findings and produces recommendations to correct unmitigated risks. Works with management staff across the three health organizations to design and implement secure system solutions and works closely with Privacy team to investigate cases of internal and/or external network access attempts and breaches.
What You’ll Do:
- Provides technical leadership in the design, development, implementation and operations of core information technology and security technologies. Provides technical configuration support for audit and logging solutions. Maintains and configures central audit and logging solutions, including the facilitation of onboarding new log sources.
- Provides focused, information-security-related advice and expertise to various IMITS projects and acts as a resource for information security issues for stakeholders both internal and external to IMITS (VCH, PHC, and PHSA). Acts as the subject matter expert for the privacy and security logging requirements.
- Develops and documents technical standards, processes, procedures, baselines and guidelines for information security to ensure the integrity and privacy of clinical and business information.
- Conducts risk assessments, security assessments and technical audits, and assists in application security assessments using a variety of approved methodologies, standards and best practices. Produces related reports and recommendations.
- Leads access attempt and breach investigations through audit report generation; identifies potential inappropriate accesses; assists stakeholders in conducting privacy and security investigations, threat investigations and incident response; and recommends follow-up disciplinary action as necessary.
What You Bring:
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science/Engineering, and two to five (2-5) years’ of recent related experience in an information technology role that included information security, incident response and security threat analysis, preferably in a public sector and/or health care environment. Certification in a cyber security discipline (CISSP, CEH, SCF, CISA, SANS) is desirable. Active CISSP or SANS GIAC certification is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Linux based operating systems and technologies along with the use of complex regex are required.
- Uses broad knowledge of a wide range of information security technologies such as firewall, Intrusion Detection/Prevention systems, Security Information Management solutions, and managed antivirus solutions to provide technical information security leadership.
- Applies strong knowledge of information security concepts and security technologies.
- Uses exceptional written communication skills and analytical abilities to conduct assessments, document and analyze finding and prepare related recommendations.
- Proactively interacts with stakeholders at all levels to creatively achieve results in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to translate business and technical requirements. Uses strong oral communication skills to present technical information to a variety of audiences.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BCs Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
What We Bring:
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What We Do:
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.