Construction Manager III
Role: Construction Manager III
Duration: 6-month Contract with potential for extension
This position is responsible for overseeing OSP Construction activities performed by contractors. The Administrative Construction Manager is responsible to ensure contractor-produced work meets or exceeds quality standards and that projects are completed per design and within the allocated budget. This position requires strong communication skills, verbal and written, as projects will need to be coordinated with State and/or local municipalities as well with other utilities or departments. The Administrative Construction Manager ensures contractor compliance with State, local, and company requirements while working within the public ROW or utility easement. This position requires strong teamwork with the Construction Supervisor as well as the OSP Engineer. This position requires teaming cross-functionally with departments such as Logistics, Contract Administration, ISP Engineering/COE, and Project Management. This position also supports sales, marketing, operations, and regulatory as well as other duties assigned by the Manager or Director of Engineering.
• Familiarity with permitting requirements- Work Zone Protection (WZP) and Traffic Control plans (TCP)
• Project Scheduling- meet project timelines
• Project Inspections- pre and post
• Material Management
• Utilize the JIM process as necessary
• Ensure accurate reporting- invoicing/timesheets
• Maintain accurate records- asbuilts
• Attend pre-construction meetings
• Monitor project expenditures for accuracy and budget requirements
• Plant Damage investigation and reporting
• Strong knowledge of OSP Construction Standards and Practices
• Strong knowledge of OSP Unit Descriptions and SSP contracts
• Strong knowledge of State, Local, and Company standards for Safety
• Minimum five years of combined Outside Plant construction and splicing experience
• Physical requirements include the ability to work out of doors in inclement weather, extended driving, and lifting and carrying of moderately heavy objects
• Candidates must be willing to work overtime, be on-call periodically for nights and weekends and work as required to accomplish goals and objectives
• Overnight travel may occasionally be required
• Valid drivers license is required
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.