Senior Project Coordinator for M365 Projects
Job Description:Title: Senior Project Coordinator for M365 Projects
Terms: 12 Month Full Time Contract
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, Monday - Friday
Location: Metro Vancouver: Downtown Office – (Hybrid = 1 - 2 Days per week in the office, specific on site days not scheduled)
Special Conditions: All Proposed Candidates must be fully vaccinated against Coivd-19.
Due to current resource constraints within the IMIT department of FNHA, the services of an experienced Senior Project Coordinator is required to support a number of key M365 implementation projects in fiscal 2024/ 2025.
Supported by IMIT’s Project Management Office, the experienced Senior Project Coordinator (SPC) will provide under the direction of the Manager, Project Management Office, support to Project Managers in all aspects of project coordination, progress tracking, managing communications, conducting analyses, budgeting and associated project management tasks. The Senior Project Coordinator may also lead projects and be responsible for project management tasks and reporting for finite periods of time in the absence of a Project
Manager ensuring the continuity of the project execution to meet the project goals and objectives.
Humility, compassion, diplomacy and ability to facilitate discussion and drive results are all key aspects of this role.
Services / Deliverables:
The services of an experienced Senior Project Coordinator is required to provide the following scope of services/deliverables:
Scope of Services:
- Assists Project Managers with the development and management of project plans and compiles information for the development of schedules and timelines, including tracking and monitoring the progress of project deliverables against milestones and the schedules, and prepares appropriate reports for management. In the event a Project Manager is not available, performs the key tasks of upkeep of the project management plan, monitoring project tasks progress by the project team as well as vendors, performing variance analysis and maintaining the project stakeholder relationships.
- Assists Project Managers with the creation, distribution and sign-off of project documents and deliverables such as Project Plans, Project Charters, Project Status Report, Decision Logs, etc. and consolidates information to produce performance reports. In the event a Project Manager is not available, take ownership of all project artifacts encompassing Project Plans, Project Charters, Project Status Report, and Decision Logs and perform the role of primary contact person on an ongoing project for the project team, vendors, stakeholder and FNHA management; producing required project communications and be responsible for the dissemination of project information as required by the management or due to compliance reasons.
- Steps in as needed, to lead complex, enterprise-wide projects to support business and corporate strategic initiatives. Engages stakeholders across various departments within FNHA and also with external parties, such as other health authorities, government, and technology vendors.
- Communicates with cross-organizational team members and stakeholders including external partners, provincial / federal government departments and vendors to articulate project issues to non-technical audiences to gain stakeholder support on project decisions.
- Develops and updates project plans and schedules, and leads the planning, implementation and execution of projects as required. Identifies project dependencies, identify the critical path, and determines the best ways achieve the project benefits and goals.
- Collects, forecasts, and consolidates information regarding scope, schedule, resources, metrics, and budget from Project Managers into meaningful management reports, using project management knowledge and analytical skills.
- Assists in the creation of communications plans for management, and facilitates communication among the project teams, partners, and stakeholders, including communication to external parties and First Nations communities when projects need it. In the event a Project Manager is not available, be the owner and responsible prime for the project communication plan updates and execution of the plan to share and report information as well as provide follow-ups and clarifications.
- Understands the dependencies between different program/project work streams and identifies conflicts and risks and escalates as necessary
- Ensures all project team members adhere to standard project control processes and audits compliance
- Establishes and manages a Project SharePoint database as a repository for all project collateral, providing administrative support to project managers, and giving them administrative guidance, such as formats and standards of organizing project documents on SharePoint project sites.
- Manages Project Accounting, including project funding reporting requirements, oversees project expenses, and escalates to management project budget variances as appropriate, handling sensitive budget and contract information for projects as needed.
- Coordinates the logistics of the project procurement administration process and documents including contracts, RFx, and change requests.
- Coordinates project stakeholder meetings across various organizations within FNHA and with external parties, writing meeting minutes, and handling administrative tasks
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skillset / Past Experience Required:
- Experienced in working in a culturally diverse enterprise environment, and navigating political climate with ease
- Willingness to learn about the Clients values and incorporate those values into the assigned tasks
- Must adhere to the Clients Communication in the Workplace policies and values
- Effective leadership, consulting, consensus building, conflict resolution, and negotiation and team-building skills are an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to manage project stakeholders, as well as take direction from project sponsors and PMO Manager as required
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to conduct needs analyses, plan, organize, manage, monitor, complete, and evaluate projects within allocated time and resources
- Ability to effectively facilitate groups to achieve appropriate outcomes
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations and workshops; excellent business writing and communications skills
- Ability to identify, obtain, and effectively manage organizational resources (e.g., people, materials, assets, budgets)
- Ability to build relationships, consult with customers and potential customers, both internal and external
- Ability to follow prescribed methodology, take direction and to integrate ideas into the assigned work
- Optional, but not required professional certifications in MS Office products, MS SharePoint and/or project management methodology such as enrolment in CAPM or PMP
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Computer Science/Business/Health Informatics) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ direct experience providing project management direction and coordination of complex projects in large organizations, preferable in Health Care or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), including Project and Visio
- Experience working with Azure DevOps
- Experience working with SharePoint
- Versed in the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Excellent organization skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language with superior technical writing ability
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working with PPM tools such as MS Project, OnePlan, Azure DevOps, Microsoft Planner, and monday.com
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.