Scientist (I / II / Senior)
Large, international medical diagnostics company is expanding their team and wanting to hire a Scientist. We offer a tenured team of professionals who collaborate to discover and optimize patient diagnostics to improve health outcomes.
Expand your career with us and help save lives!
· This position primarily involves wet-lab work. You will be expected to perform hands-on research activities at the bench for extended periods each day.
· Independently, or with supervisors guidance, conduct research, design, plan, and execute innovative and well-controlled experiments with meticulous attention to detail. Ensure that activities align with the projects critical path and adapt to changing priorities as needed.
· Play an active role in troubleshooting efforts and propose solutions to optimize processes, overcome challenges, and enhance product performance, accuracy, and reliability.
· Prepare samples and run fully automated cobas X800 instrument for LOD, inclusivity, exclusivity assay test
· Maintain accurate, consistent, and timely records of experimental methods, materials, and results in electronic laboratory notebooks. Analyze data, evaluate results, and plan next steps. Integrate previous and current results to determine the next experimental steps and their impact on long-term project goals.
· Present findings at group or departmental meetings and assist in preparing summaries, memos, internal reports, presentations, manuscripts, and other relevant materials.
· Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure effective project progression. Stay up-to-date with all training activities.
· BS/MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, or a related field with 3+ years of full time, hands-on molecular biology experience in an academic or industrial setting. Job title will be determined in accordance with applicants’ experience. (Scientist I, Scientist II, Senior Scientist)
· Applicants need to be self-motivated, fast learner, critical thinkers, and enthusiastic about science research.
· Applicants need to have strong time management and organizational skills in a dynamic, constantly changing environment, and able to multitask and work on different projects
· Applicants need to work effectively & independently, exhibit a professional manner and establish constructive working relationships.
· Ability to prioritize task, coordinate tasks with others, and meet the deadlines
· Hands-on experience performing complex multi-step experiments with detailed and diligent attention to planning, organization, hands-on technique, and record keeping.
· Proficient in standard molecular biology techniques, which may include sample preparation, nucleic acid purification (RNA/DNA), molecular cloning, PCR and qPCR.
· Experience with growing and manipulating BSL-2 bacteria is a plus.
· Good written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels within the department.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.