Director, IT Project Management Office
**Must have High Ed experience
**Must be onsite 3-4 days/week
- Manage the health and delivery of the CIO Project Portfolio, consisting of strategic, high-priority, highly complex IT projects.
- Direct, manage, coach, and mentor a high-performing team of IT project managers and business analysts. Management duties include hiring, performance evaluations, coaching, and holding teammates accountable to commitments.
- Directly manage complex high profile, enterprise IT projects and programs, modeling excellence in project/program delivery.
- Drive best practices and standards promoting continuous PPM process improvement and enhanced portfolio tracking and reporting.
- Maintain a high standard of project quality, conformance to PPM standards/best practices, and sponsorship satisfaction with overall project progress/status.
- Partner and collaborate with IT Directors and Managers who oversee key technical resources critical to project success to ensure alignment on project delivery.
- Ensure change management is managed throughout the project life cycle, bringing value to the community.
- Assist leadership in conducting strategic project planning initiatives to maximize resource scheduling, utilization, and conflict resolution, working to resolve resource dependencies.
- Partner with technology teams to utilize project methodologies that allow teams to deliver great value, with a focus on quality and timeliness.
- Advocate for change management in projects through communications, training and engagement throughout the project Lifecyle
- Prosci Change Management
- ITIL Foundations
- Scrum Certifications (CSM, CSPO)
- Ability to balance multiple roles: Portfolio Manager, PMO Director and Project Manager.
- Excellent communicator, superb listener, with ability to build relationships, community, and influence. Ability to work effectively and professionally across the ITS organization and with key stakeholders.
- Proven track record in managing multiple, complex IT projects and programs.
- Ability to work independently, make decisions, exercise sound judgment, and execute follow-through.
- Ability to manage effectively in a complex environment with ambiguity and conflicting priorities.
- Skills and ability to lead, direct, guide, mentor, and coach other project managers and business analysts without micromanaging.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influence and persuasion in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Experience with an enterprise PPM tool/platform for portfolio management, project management, and resource management.
- Commitment to on-time, on-budget, quality execution with a clear appreciation of the importance of detail.
Education: Bachelors Degree Required. Equivalent combination of experience, education and/or certifications may be substituted in lieu of degree. Masters Degree Preferred.
Experience: 5 years
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.