Apex Systems is a global IT services provider, and our staffing practice has an openings for a Support Engineer with experience with one or more Big Data or Analytics Products and Services, client support experience and programming and debugging experience to place at our client, a multinational technology corporation.
Client: Multinational technology corporation
Terms: 12-month contract - strong possibility to extend to a total contract length of 18-months
Location: 100% Remote – anywhere in Canada
Application Process: It is best to apply via the medium on which you are seeing this posting. If you encounter technical difficulties submitting your resume, please send a Word version of your resume to Ty Kurucz at [email protected]. Please reference Request ID: 2012129 – Support Engineer.
As a Support Engineer, you will work directly with customers on issues pertaining to primarily Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics Pipelines Dataflow or Azure Fabric. You will act as the final point of escalation and resolution for advanced technical support on highly complex products, highly escalated issues pertaining to confidential security, and highly technical or network/system issues. You will also provide advanced technical support to diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management.
Support will be provided via telephone, written correspondence, and electronic media and you will act as a technical lead with no supervision. You may be asked to provide technical training, coaching, and mentoring to other engineers. You may also provide consulting to internal or external customers, research technical documents and feature lists and collaborate directly with product development teams to deploy new technologies or automation.
- You will be a technical resource for the team regarding case reviews, troubleshooting, and effective customer interaction
- You will develop and publish content for customer self-help
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management
- Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies
- Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences
- Own and resolve technically complex mission critical or politically hot customer issues
- Be responsive to customer needs which may sometimes require outside of normal business hours
• Experience with one or more Big Data or Analytics Products and Services
o Azure Data Factory
o Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Azure HDInsight, Azure Databricks
o Azure Cosmos DB, NoSQL Services, MongoDB
o Data Lake
o Cloud Streaming technologies
o Open Source Ecosystem (Linux, Apache, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in customer support, product support, technical support, IT Admin support, Consulting, systems development, product development, network operations, software engineering, or I.T. consulting, customer or technical support or consulting or end-user support
- Ability to work from home office without distraction or potential to expose confidential data.
- Experience in one or more of these areas desirable:
- Programming & debugging experience
- Experience in RDMS such as SQL Server and BI technologies including SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience with Windows and Linux
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines
- French Canadian Speaking
- Great interpersonal and communication skills-both oral and written-and success in partnering with groups internally and externally
- Self-motivated and independent thinker that routinely translates circumstances and understanding into actions that move the business forward in a measurable manner
- Ability to distill, prioritize and act on feedback from a variety of sources
Top 3 “Must Haves”
- Experience with one or more Big Data or Analytics Products and Services
- Experience in customer support, product support, technical support, IT Admin support, Consulting, systems development, product development, network operations, software engineering, or I.T. consulting, customer or technical support or consulting or end-user support
- Programming & debugging experience
One or two rounds of interviews
- Technical panel with two team members (1 hour)
If you are not a 99% match to the above, and want to be considered for other opportunities at our enterprise clients, register for our Talent Network where you can receive job alerts about new opportunities that match your interests.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.