Job Description:Apex Systems is currently looking for a Network Architect to join a large Fortune 500 organization. If you or someone you know is interested in this opportunity, please contact Jack Reytering at jreyering@apexsystems with your most up-to-date resume.
Securing APIs is essential to "shifting left" the technology development at the Bank. The Individual will lead technical conversations to determine API security items, help estalish an API management strategy. They will write best practices and define API patterns while also creating the business and security requirements. They will write requirements with threat modeling in mind to assist engineers with building securely. They will meet with stakeholders and determine criticality of controls and work with application owners to create patterns.
They will collaborate with technical and business stakeholders to address Information Security risks while achieving business objectives, meeting regulatory requirements, and addressing emerging threats. Responsible for providing expertise and support on decisions and priorities regarding the enterprises overall Information Security strategy and posture.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Banks risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technology field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 8+ years of engineering or other IT/Security work experience relevant to the position.
- Five or more years of interdisciplinary experience in 4 or more of the following: Access Control Systems, Application Security, Application SDLC, Operating Systems, Cryptographic Controls, API Security, and Networking.
- Excellent communications skills as well as the ability to build effective relationships with business leaders and stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize work; strong organizational skills in a results-oriented environment.
- Willingness to work in a highly-collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of IT security best practices.
- Skilled in designing, implementing, and supporting complex technical solutions.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex operational issues.
- Extensive experience designing, developing, and implementing serverless solutions within AWS.
- Extensive development experience with different API capabilities.
- Experience in building and deploying Jenkins pipelines.
- Previous experience automating security controls within CI/CD pipelines a plus.
- Previous microservice development a plus.
- Previous experience in application vulnerability remediation a plus.
- Provides expert technical insight and industry perspective in the creation, delivery, and integration of complex and comprehensive security solutions for securing APIs.
- Acts as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, and change agent. Viewed as an Information Security expert and critical technical resources across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Partners with other groups to ensure solid, cross-functional decisions are made as a team.
- Maintains and demonstrates a strong understanding of enterprise systems, policies, standards, regulatory requirements, and business drivers.
- Represents Information Security at enterprise review meetings (ITAC, NPI Reviews, Production Readiness, etc.).
- Adheres to and promotes compliance to Information Security policies, standards and best practices.
- Leads process improvement and risk mitigation initiatives.
- Coaches and mentors more junior staff.
This position will perform the following functions:
- API Security Testing
- API Architecture
- API Design and Lifecycle management
- Work with other dev teams to integrate new security-focused API initatives and provide support to IT Teams through API integrations.
- Provide clear and concise documentation on delivered code as well as customer onboarding and support documentation
- Work collaboratively in an agile environment
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.