Senior Project Manager
**Cannot work C2C**
Job Type: W2 Contract
Contract Length: 8+ Months
Location: Austin, TX - 2 days a week onsite
Send resume in Word format to [email protected]
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading individual projects. The incumbent will lead the planning and management of technology, training, web development and other projects from inception to implementation, complies and analyzes data, and assist with on-going improvement efforts. This position will proactively work with the Project Management team, IT staff, and agency employees.
- Establishing of a strategic roadmap for the project in coordination with a deep understanding of the business, specifically Health business, goals and processes to inform product priorities and improvements.
- Establishing timeline and resource requirements for successful execution of the project. Coordination with key stakeholders and sponsors to obtain approval of resources and timeline.
- Creation of project management deliverables necessary for this project.
- Management of the day-to-day operations and scrums of various projects, and oversight and coordination team established for this initiative.
- Working with various IT and business stakeholder areas to ensure that project deliverables are compliant with state, federal, and other applicable agency standards.
- Risk identification and coordination of resolution with project leadership.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Five (5) years of full-time project management, systems analysis and design, software development, or related experience, including experience managing large technology projects and utilizing a defined project management methodology.
- Experience managing medium to large projects.
- Project portfolio management principles and practices; and project management software tools such as MS Project, ServiceNow, and/or Microsoft SharePoint.
- Microsoft Office Suite with a high proficiency in Excel.
- Experience working in a Texas state agency and with preparing Texas Project Delivery Framework documentation.
- Preferred candidates will have knowledge and prior experience in dealing with legislative and regulatory matters at the state or federal level.
- Experience creating project related RFO/RFPs.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library V3 (ITIL V3).
- Project Management Professional (PMP).
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.