Asset Lifecycle Coordinator
Title: Asset Lifecycle Coordinator
Client Industry: Government
Job Type: 1 year contract with potential for extension and/or FTE conversion
Location: 100% Onsite in Washington, DC 20024
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30-4 during slow months and 8-5 during the busier months at the end of the year. Possible overtime required!
Compensation: $20-24/hr. (Conversion salary of 50-52K annually)
- No Active DoD Security Clearance Required
- Public Trust Background Check Required
The Asset Management directorate of the Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Logistics & Support (L&S) Group requires qualified temporary personnel with a variety of skill sets to provide daily support during Sustainment and Congressional Transition years 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027. The following skill sets are required.
- Must be able to assist with the movement or lifting of small furniture/ materials up to 40 lbs. if required.
- Candidate must have flexibility in working hours. Positions may vary from 24 hours to 48 hours per week and may require working on Saturdays and Sundays. The month of December, during a Congressional election year, is normally the greatest hourly workload month.
- Personnel may not be needed throughout the entire period of performance.
- Business professional attire appropriate for position
- Must be able to follow directions, and function effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Conduct all duties in accordance with codes and safety regulations from OSHA and other government agencies – will be provided upon award.
- Knowledge of and experience in the legislative environment, particularly within the U.S. House of Representatives, is beneficial.
- Must successfully complete a criminal history records check [or other applicable security clearance] and a pre-employment drug-test (pre-identified position).
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work with high-profile customers (Members of Congress and staff).
- The ability to effectively communicate in English through strong oral and written skills.
- Detail oriented and well organized with the ability to multi-task, in a high paced environment.
Asset Lifecycle Coordinator
The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) requires an individual to provide support for the Office of Logistics and Support’s (L&S) in the Organization of Asset Management (AM) within the division of Inventory Management (IM) as an Asset Lifecycle Coordinator. The incumbent is responsible for assisting with asset lifecycle management. A minimum of 2 years of experience in a government and/or private sector environment. Experience working with automated financial systems and/or asset and inventory management software programs preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. The position does not have day-to-day supervisory/managerial responsibilities. The work will be performed at the House Office Buildings located in the Metropolitan Washington, D.C. area. The CAO will provide all necessary equipment and supplies to complete the tasks assigned.
Duties of Position:
- Perform data entry and retrieve information from PeopleSoft.
- Coordinate transfers of equipment between directorates or locations within the US House of Representatives
- Assist with daily asset lifecycle transaction processing.
- Conduct physical inventories in accordance with House policy and department inventory desktop procedures.
- Complete physical equipment tagging requests.
- Complete inventory reconciliations in accordance with department inventory desktop procedures.
- Complete daily PeopleSoft asset posting requests to ensure accuracy for all underlying asset record attributes (i.e., location, and custodian).
- Process asset transfer requests in PeopleSoft and follow up with work tickets.
- Assist GSA with inventory reports and the mailing of asset tags.
- Add underlying PeopleSoft asset records procured through Finance reimbursements.
- Possess ability to understand US House of Representatives policy relating to Asset Management.
- Provide expert analysis of the lifecycle of an asset from procurement, receiving, tagging, transfer, and disposal.
- Ability to communicate professionally with Members, Committees, Leadership, and CAO Senior Management.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma and associate degree preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.