Be valued as an individual! Join a family-owned company where talent and hard work are recognized and rewarded, people work as a team, and everyone is guided by a clear vision; to create the world’s most innovative refrigeration and cooking appliances. We are proud of what we do, and who we are.
Our client is a leading manufacturer of luxury appliances is a longstanding, family-owned company in the Madison area. We look for team members who are driven by innovation and excellence, striving to serve our customers by doing what is right—with integrity, teamwork, and accountability.
Growth and development are important aspects of this position.
The Controls Technician position we are looking to fill has an emphasis on Controls and MES Systems within our manufacturing facility. This position would be working in a hands-on manufacturing environment where safety and quality are of utmost importance. Individuals in this role can expect to work amongst various disciplines of Engineering, Maintenance and Operations in our manufacturing atmosphere.
- Work in a production Business Unit group providing support for assembly PLC controlled equipment, conveyor systems, polyurethane foam technology and MES system.
- Troubleshoot and program Allen-Bradley/Rockwell ladder logic (5000)
- Provide motor control support for VFDs and servo motors.
- Develop and achieve annual Business Unit goals in support of our vision, mission, values, and company goals.
- Determine preventative actions to improve reliability (OEE) of manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to read and understand electrical wiring prints and interlock circuits.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical prints (pneumatic, hydraulic, etc.)
- Strong technical knowledge of Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical systems (pneumatic, hydraulic, etc.)
- Ability to specify, install and commission barcode readers, photo eyes, and proximity sensors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 products, Outlook, Skype, Excel, Word, etc.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in team environments.
- Minimum of 2+ years hands on experience with CNC programming and troubleshooting
- Associates or higher in Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or related field
- Fanuc robotics programming experience 7 & Siemens Step 7 programming experience
- Knowledge of a SQL server & basic scripting
- PanelView Plus HMI programming
- Knowledge of control Safety Systems and validation
- Understanding of OEE and downtime data collection
- Understanding and experience with assembly and ergonomics a plus
- Experience reading electrical schematics and understanding electrical systems is a plus
- Experience with the operation of and programming of CNC controlled equipment
- Experience troubleshooting PLC controlled equipment
- Understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Must be able to learn on the fly, be an excellent problem solver, and be able to work independently
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.