Apex Systems is partnering with a Bank in NYC that is looking to hire a Project Manager/Scrum Master hybrid. They are looking for someone with 5+ years of experience. This is a contract role that sits onsite 3-days a week. If you are interested, please send your resume to [email protected] and give Meg a call at 973-997-1469.
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring that clients expectations are in-line with project service scope
• Responsible for the overall planning, coordination, execution, control and completion of assigned projects
• Manage project status and deliverable updates in PPM
• Manage/report on financials related to the project/program
• Keep all artifacts related to the project/program current
• Doing everything possible to ensure delighting customers
• Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
• Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
• Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
• Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
• Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
• Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
• Experience playing the Scrum Master role (2-5 years) for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach
• Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: user stories, ATDD, TDD, continuous integration, continuous testing, pairing, automated testing, Agile games
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.