Consulting Security Engineer
Job Description:Apex Systems is looking for a Security Engineer Consultant to support one of our prominent Government Clients in Quantico, VA. If you are interested and meet the below qualifications, please send an updated resume along with your CompTIA Sec+ certification to Victoria at [email protected].
Title: Security Engineer Consultant
Location: Quantico, VA
Contract: 1 year with potential for extension/perm conversion
Clearance: Active TS/SCI Clearance REQUIRED
Certifications: CompTIA Sec+ REQUIRED!
Pay: $150k-$175k depending on qualifications
Role & Responsibilities
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of highly complexity networking problems.
- Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues.
- Contributes to Virtual Teams.
- Provides ad hoc systems/product knowledge transfers.
- Assists in generation of standard project documentation including test plans.
- Assists in generation of network configurations from Low Level Design
- Assists in execution of project delivery including network staging, implementation and handover.
- Assists in Network Upgrade and Migration Activities.
- Assists customer with deployment of medium complexity tools and related Network Management Systems.
- To be considered for this role, you must complete the technical assessment that will be sent to you upon applying. Please note, the assessment captures the level of proficiency for each skill and will assist us with understanding which are new skills and which ones you have mastered.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience with a CCNA or a CCNP in Security especially with Cisco Secure Workload (Tetration).
- Administrators/Advanced Services (AS) / Network Optimization Service (NOS) and must have CISSP, or Sec+
- Experience with large scale Network Design, deploying, and maintaining networks
- Has a CCNP or CCNA, Certification. CCIE is highly desirable, or demonstrated equivalent experience in any one of the specialties listed
- Must have DoD TS SCI eligible and able to pass a CI Polygraph clearance
- Adapt to different customer needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Client facing experience.
Cisco Security preferably with a focus on Cisco Secure Workload, UC/Collaboration, Routing/Switching or Data Center.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.