Associate Laboratory Analyst
Apex is partnering with a Fortune 500 food company on their immediate need for lab technicians to join their quality team on a contract to hire basis!
To apply, please send your resume to Shelby at [email protected].
Job Title: Associate Laboratory Analyst
Location: Belcamp, MD
Duration: 6 months to start
Schedule: M-F, 8-4:30 (Rotate Sat/Sun, one weekend day per month)
Pay Rate: $20-22/hour DOE
- Operate and maintain a safe, clean and accident-free laboratory environment.
- Prioritize testing based on business needs and departmental goals.
- Perform specialized testing in support of internal and external customers and departmental projects. Ensure non-routine testing is performed in an appropriate manner.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory instruments, ensure that necessary laboratory supplies and equipment are available.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of laboratory data.
- Review laboratory data for accuracy; communicate concerns and non-conformances to laboratory supervisor.
- Develop a working knowledge of products and customer requirements.
- Maintain sample retain library.
- Participate in Improvement of Quality Assurance and Food Safety systems through continuous improvement activities.
- Manage release timeframe of inbound raw materials and finished goods by monitoring Review outstanding testing of products in QI status.
- Participates in facility GMP audits
- Implement corrective actions agreed upon by laboratory management as a result of laboratory investigations or proficiency testing and monitor their effectiveness.
- Stay current with scientific developments in areas of expertise and responsibility.
- Work with operations and quality assurance to understand current demands on laboratory services.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Food Science or related field.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Analytical, organized, and detailed oriented
- Strong communication and math skills
- Availability to work weekend shifts, as needed, on a rotating basis.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.