Senior Cinematic Animator
Animators must be able to create emotionally believable characters that allow game players to interact with the game, whether photorealistic or stylized, in a realistic and believable fashion. Cinematic Animators use these skills to bring a movie-like quality to the narrative of the games by creating emotionally impactful cut scenes.
- Develop and animate cut scenes that support the narrative of the games
- Animate the human form, giving the character weight, personality, mood, and believability
- Animate in realistic and stylized motion, on both human and creature models
- Convey mood and emotion through facial animation
- Define and estimate tasks in a well-organized manner
- Interact and collaborate with the different departments (Design, Art, Programming, Writing, etc.)
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- A solid understanding of composition and camera language
- Frostbite required
- Strong understanding of classic animation principles such as staging, squash and stretch, timing, anticipation, follow through, exaggeration, arcs, etc
- Candidate must be able to quickly identify technical and visual issues and resolve them
- Strong proficiency in animation packages including Maya
- Ability to learn and work with proprietary animation run-time integration tools
- 5+ years of experience as a Cinematic Animator working on AAA game/film titles
- Classical Animation background, Degree in Fine Arts or Computer Animation
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.