In this role, you will:
- Lead or participate in managing all installed systems and infrastructure, moderately complex application upgrades and vulnerability remediation efforts, within the Systems Operations functional area
- Lead team to meet moderately complex technical deliverables while leveraging solid understanding of technical process controls or standards
- Act independently as a liaison for the line of business in support of daily inquiries, problem and incident management, project delivery, and escalations by following established guidebooks
- Liaise with functional or operational managers to understand their current and future information needs and develop plans and schedules for integrating these needs into existing operations
- Recommend solutions to resolve technical issues and achieve highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability by automating platform activities to lower human intervention time on related tasks
- Review and analyze moderately complex operational support systems, application software, and system management tools to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Facilitate discussions on preventative action, root cause analysis and resolutions with service management
- Collaborate and consult with peers, mid-level managers, vendors and other technical personnel to resolve technical issues and achieve highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability and reliability
- Provide training and mentoring to lower experienced team members on guidebook changes and lead team to meet technical deliverables, while leveraging solid understanding of technical process controls or standards
- Collaborate with development teams to update business continuity plans and provide input on development of new and existing support guidebooks
- Operational Support of Cloud Technologies including Kubernetes, and Public Cloud services related to Azure and GCP.
- Work closely with cloud engineering teams to adopt and adapt to best practices and assist partners with troubleshooting with onboarding, migrations to new cloud platforms and day-to-day break-fix activities and upgrades as needed.
- 4+ years of systems engineering or technology architecture experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience with one or more Cloud platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)/Tanzu App Service (TAS)
- Application or Middleware, IIS, Java, Tomcat, or relevant Web Technologies support experience
- One or more Cloud Certifications
- Knowledge in containerization technologies/Kubernetes
- Linux Administration skills
- Experience with Terraform and Ansible
- Knowledge and understanding of Splunk/Prometheus/Grafana
- This position requires on call rotation and does include being paged but is not limited to only when on call. Your services could be needed when on shift and sometimes includes after hours support.
- Strong communication skills to write up root cause updates when needed.
- May require document updates, certifications and updates on Confluence or other locations for customer consumption.
- This position is not 100% remote and is currently a hybrid work option. You may be required to work on-site/go into the office on a regular cadence on a set schedule. ???????
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.