Data Center Facilities Tech MID @ Pearl Harbor
Data Center Facilities Technician MID
- Responsible for horizontal cabling, identifying fiber by different color strands and testing
- Respond to and provide infrastructure support for priority incidents and/or problems as tasked by authorized client personnel during normal working hours.
- Provide the following support services; subject to the government fulfilling its obligations outlined in Paragraph 5.1 below:
- Be able to install various types of cable plan including twisted pair, coaxial, stranded cable, and single and multi-mode fiber optical cable and will be able to conduct ISP installation of fiber/copper cables with wall jack faceplates. Installation includes placement, termination, grounding and bonding, testing, labeling and documentation.
- Be able to conduct signal degradation/loss testing, certification and labeling for ISP end-to-end copper or fiber optic network cable, from patch panel port to wall jack faceplate. Including horizontal and backbone cables.
- Be able to conduct repairs, replacement and termination of ISP copper or fiber optic network cable.
- Be able to provide ISP relocation services in support of office reconfigurations.
- Conduct test and relabeling of existing infrastructure
- Be able to install cable pathway systems (cable trays, j-hooks, d-rings). Installations will include dressing and routing of cable into telecommunications closets, modular furniture and other work area outlets.
- Carry a government provided pager at all times while on duty and will respond to calls and/or pages within 15 minutes of initial call during business hours.
- Support priority MAC infrastructure requirements as tasked by authorized CPF N66 personnel.
- Service will be initiated from incident tickets and MAC requests submitted through the normal process and routed directly to the premier support resource.
- Tasking for the resource will be prioritized and specified by authorized client personnel.
- Maintain record management of work completed as directed by authorized CPF N66 personnel.
- Serve as the lead infrastructure support services technician during operational and exercise surge activities conducted at the Port Hueneme Headquarters compound upon assignment by authorized CPF N66 personnel.
Site Specific Requirements
- The ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of current structured cabling industry codes and standards
- Experience installing cable tray, ladder racking, and data racks/cabinets
- Experience installing pathways for copper and fiber optic cabling
- Experience installing inside plant and outside plant copper and fiber optic cabling in an enterprise environment to current industry codes and standards
- Strong attention to detail and cable management skills
- Experience terminating keystone jacks and copper patch panels
- Experience using a fiber optic fusion splicer
- Experience terminating fiber optic cable
- Experience using industry standard test equipment to identify, locate, and repair faults within copper and fiber optic cabling
- Install/repair various types of cable to include twisted pair, coaxial, stranded cable, and single and multi-mode fiber optical cable, as well as placement, termination, grounding and bonding, testing, labeling and the required documentation.
- Conduct signal degradation/loss testing, certification and labeling for ISP end-to-end copper or fiber optic network cable extending from the patch panel port to wall jack faceplate.
- Conduct signal degradation/loss testing, certification and labeling for OSP between termination points including fiber extensions from pole/manhole/FDU. Task(s) may include the end-to-end identification and troubleshooting of fiber within mechanical and fusion splice boxes required to complete cross connections.
- Provide ISP relocation services in support of office reconfigurations.
- Conduct ISP installation of fiber/copper cables and wall jack faceplates.
- Install cable pathway systems (cable trays, j-hooks, d-rings) that will include dressing and routing of cable into telecommunications closets, modular furniture, and other work area outlets.
- Create and maintain NSWC Corona fiber maps showing end to end connectivity, all used and unused fiber and the connection points within buildings and junction points.
- Conduct repairs and termination of OSP fiber optic network cables; to include the end-to-end identification, troubleshooting and termination of fiber within mechanical and fusion splice boxes required to complete cross connections.
- Support priority Move-Add-Change (MAC) infrastructure requirements as tasked by authorized NSWC Corona personnel.
- Conduct test and relabeling of existing infrastructure on the NSWC Corona compound as directed by authorized NSWC Corona personnel.
- Maintain record management of work completed as directed by authorized NSWC Corona personnel.
- Serve as the lead infrastructure support services technician during priority repair, renovation, or relocation efforts conducted at NSWC Corona upon assignment by authorized NSWC Corona personnel.
- Provide weekly reports for all assigned tasks and each status to the Assistant Customer Technical Representative (ACTR).
4 years of relevant and general IT experience
CompTIA S+ or IAT level 2 required
GED or High school diploma required
Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance as a condition of employment
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.