Senior Learning Specialist
Job Description:Senior Learning Specialist
Client Industry: Healthcare IT
Expected Hours: Full Time Contract - 37.5 hours / week
Contract Length: 6 Months (3x 6 month extension available)
Intended Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 6 Months from Start Date
Work Location: ONSITE - Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby, BC
Digital Health Innovation (DHI) delivers Provincial Digital Health Strategies and Business Transformations by relentlessly focusing on the end user and the end-to-end health services journey for everyone in British Columbia. We concentrate on the design and delivery of digital health tools and platforms to support the ongoing evolution of a connected health system and digitally enabled health care. By collaborating with all provincial health sector partners, we ensure an equitable approach to addressing health sector priorities.
DHI is part of the Provincial Digital Health & Information Services (PDHIS) portfolio that was formed in July 2022 to enable our BC health system more effectively digitally and virtually. PDHIS brings together many organizational units from different parts of PHSA into one portfolio and includes a close partnership with the Ministry of Health to deliver on the BC Digital Health Strategy.
The Primary Care Digital Enablement (PCDE) requires a Learning Specialist to support the HLBC Portfolio. Responsibilities include creating and conducting focused education and training, designing, developing, delivering, and evaluating a range of educational curricula and training programs within an interdisciplinary healthcare delivery team. This position will have onsite requirements up to 5x a week at the Willingdon location.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess learning needs and design learning programs that align with business objectives.
- Develop comprehensive training materials, including e-learning modules, instructor-led training, job aids, and other supporting resources.
- Utilize instructional design principles to create engaging and interactive learning
- Conduct training sessions and workshops, both in person and virtually, to facilitate skill development and knowledge transfer.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning initiatives through assessments and feedback mechanisms.
- Continuously improve learning programs based on feedback, industry best practices, and emerging trends.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest learning technologies and tools and identify opportunities to leverage them for enhanced learning experiences.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to ensure accuracy and relevance of training materials.
- Establishes evaluation plans using logic and Kirkpatrick models to ensure learning programs are meeting learning outcomes.
- Provide one-on-one coaching and support to employees to address specific learning needs.
- Collaborate with external training vendors, if necessary, to source additional learning resources.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Specific Qualifications or Experience Required:
- Bachelors degree in Education, Instructional Design, or a related field, plus five (5) years of L&D experience, including online and in-person course design, material development and adult education and facilitation. A masters degree is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Learning Specialist, Learning and Development Specialist, or a similar role.
- Strong instructional design skills with the ability to create engaging and interactive learning content. Proficiency in learning management systems (LMS) and e-learning authoring tools.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills with the ability to engage and inspire learners.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and collaborate effectively.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Experience with health authority/organization learning management platform, SCORM compliance; LMS compatibility, use of authoring tools such as Articulate, Adobe Cloud applications, Moodle etc.
- Experience working within the BC Health Sector is highly preferred.
Seniority Level Descriptions:
- A Degree in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of four (4) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- A Diploma in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of five (5) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- A Certificate in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of six (6) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- An absolute minimum of eight (8) years of directly related Consulting Category experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.