Apex Systems is looking to hire a Data Analyst for one of our top clients in the Hagerstown, MD area! This will be a long term contract with strong potential for extension. The schedule will be Monday-Friday working a standard first shift on site in Hagerstown. If you are interested, please apply and we will reach out right away!
Develop statistical models, algorithms and artificial intelligence through and approach of experimentation and discovery on data. Run advanced modelling on data in order to extract knowledge and/or predictions. Create complete analytics chain from transforming, structuring, modelling, visualizing, and translating data into actionable insights. Use a mix of tools and methods to apply advanced analytics to solve business problems or optimize business outcomes.
The Quality & Customer Satisfaction team ensures the product quality performance within a determined scope through investigating and prioritizing market product quality issues. The Data Analyst secures the voice of the customer in the problem solving processes through knowledge management. This role supports achieving product quality goals and metrics for fault frequency and warranty costs.
Purpose and content of the role:
• To ensure structured data analysis on problems affecting customers, suggesting statistical analysis, advanced analytical approaches and IT systems to be used.
• To build predictions to forecast quality level
Responsibilities / Main tasks
• Be an expert to extract data from databases and to develop specialized statistical/ advanced analytical methodologies
• Define and use valid advanced statistical / analytical principles to analyze customer problems and factors driving them
• Develop and implement advanced methodologies to forecast product quality and reliability (short term total truck roadmap, Weibull, open-source R-studio, Python, etc..)
• Support quality activities in solving processes and Strategic Objectives when applicable
• Support quality forecasting (Predictive failure rates, warranty or financial initiatives)
• Provide Quality performance charting/graphs to the Quality, Engineering, Purchasing and Manufacturing teams for new development
Competences & Skills
• Analytical and statistical skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions and making recommendations on the most suitable models and statistical approaches.
• Creativity / Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies
• Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
• Proficiency in personal computers and network applications and aptitude to learn new program features and application software
• Good written and verbal communication
• Organization and follow up
• BS degree in mathematics, technical, data science or a business related discipline with emphasis on statistical techniques. MS degree preferred
• Work experience applying statistical principles to recognize patterns in data files required
• Automotive Experience/Knowledge is a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.