** If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to Maddie Watt at [email protected] **
Job Title: Technical Coordinator
Client Type: Local Government
Duration: 9 months – potential to extend or convert
Location: San Antonio, TX – On site (potential for hybrid flexibility)
The role of Technical Coordinators is a strategic position within the organization. They act as a bridge between different teams, both internal and external, to coordinate and manage customer support and operational tasks. The Technical Coordinators handle ticket escalation, customer communication, and various other responsibilities related to lifecycle management, hardware standards, and software upgrades.
- Ticket Escalation: Technical Coordinators handle ticket escalations from various departments, ensuring timely resolution and coordination with the relevant teams.
- Customer Support: Technical Coordinators provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers, addressing their queries and needs effectively.
- Lifecycle Management: Technical Coordinators assist customers in identifying suitable hardware based on the organization’s standards and manage hardware replacement cycles.
- Communication: Technical Coordinators facilitate communication with customers about major upgrades, patches, and important information related to their devices.
- Cross-Functional Coordination: Technical Coordinators work collaboratively with different teams, coordinating efforts to resolve issues and implement solutions.
- Automation and Tool Utilization: Technical Coordinators should possess a positive attitude towards exploring and utilizing automation tools to improve efficiency.
- Learning Aptitude: The role demands individuals who quickly grasp new concepts and technologies to adapt to evolving customer needs.
- Organizational Skills: Technical Coordinators need to be highly organized, managing multiple tasks and priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Advocacy: The Technical Coordinators act as advocates for the customers, understanding their needs and representing their interests within the organization.
- Procurement Background: Although not essential, candidates with procurement experience might bring valuable skills to the role.
Job Requirements, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Works collaboratively with Product and Service Managers to develop clear and concise communications with respects to incidents, problems, and change management as needed.
- Supports change management activities.
- Promotes business knowledge of IT process, roles, and procedures to ensure best possible outcome.
- Ensures ITSD domains are aware of key business issues.
- Identifies and mitigates potential problems and conflicts with IT delivery.
- Leads and may champion change management activities (i.e., frequent communication to staff and clients about the change and impact of the change)
- Troubleshoots and resolves large complex issues and problems.
- Reports unresolvable problems to senior technicians.
- Coordinates and supports on software issues, training, and installation.
- Assists with move coordination
- Coordinates and supports Life cycles management -- PCR and MLCR (Mobile Life Cycle Replacement), software assets
- Serves as the POC for Provisioning questions
- Manages Data validation (e.g. expired/non active accounts)
- Fields equipment and software license requests (answering process questions, directing to IT Svc Connection / submitting tickets)
- Follows up on Security Training questions and issues
- Manages User experience issues / ticket escalation
- Coordinates customer-initiated changes such as equipment and software assignments, name changes, location changes, etc.)
- Tracks procurement activities and advises on the status of equipment and software purchases.
- Works with departments Asset Stewards on asset related activities
- Advises customers on equipment standards
- Conducts analysis on Incident trends, and coordinates development of remediation plans with appropriate ITSD teams.
- Supports the BRMs in tracking and documenting stakeholders satisfactions, services consumed and service level reporting.
- Recommends training programs targeting specific areas of improvement.
- Fosters a team environment.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.