Sr. Network Engineer
Sr. Network Engineer
Des Moines, IA or Indianapolis, IN
This resource will work on a global team supporting a dynamic enterprise environment. Projects and efforts include implementation of Cisco ACI Infrastructure, SD WAN migration and low orbit satellite installs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 8-10 years’ of experience or Master’s Degree and 6-8 years’ of experience.
- Experience in the following areas required:
- Cisco SD WAN
- Enterprise Networking – LAN / Wi-Fi
- Monitoring tools experience (Solarwinds or Thousand Eyes preferred)
- General Cisco Wireless experience
- Experience with Cisco ACI is nice to have
- Ability to interpret, define and support network security requirements including 1-way and 2-way SSL TLS-1.2 traffic.
- Understanding of network protocols, domain/path-based routing, mutual authentication, and threat detection.
- Experience with actively supporting the requirements and the design of large-scale software systems.
- On Call – Able to perform on-call work once every 4-5 weeks – US business hours only
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain the integration promotional model environment approach and capabilities to be used on the program.
- Support the use of network engineering tools in the integration environments including those used for development, requirements management, test automation, security, monitoring, and configuration management.
- Interpret/define network integration requirements based on architecture blueprints and models.
- Provide network-based solutions and support users in the use of engineering tools used on the program.
- Plans for and maintain integration environment needs based on existing and anticipated work to be performed.
- Participate in requirements gathering, management, configuration, test planning and other software/network engineering activities as appropriate.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.