IT Security Operations Analyst
Apex Systems is looking for an IT Security Operations Analyst in Richmond, VA. If you are interested, please reach out to [email protected] with your resume and contact information.
The successful candidate will monitor Splunk SIEM and other security tools user and system actions and audit logs for security incidents involving unusual and unauthorized activities and provide incident response. In addition this position will prioritize and triage security events based on severity potential impact and risk factors and document all security events and investigations thoroughly and accurately along with implementing remediation actions for findings. And lastly develop and implement automation solutions to improve efficiency and accuracy of security operations.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Continuously monitor security events and alerts from Splunk SIEM IDS/IPS endpoint detection and response EDR and other security tools.
· Prioritize and triage security events based on severity potential impact and risk factors.
· Investigate suspicious activity to determine the root cause and potential threat.
· Document all security events and investigations thoroughly and accurately.
· Stay abreast of emerging threats vulnerabilities and attack trends relevant to the Virginia Tax’s environment.
· Proactively hunt for threats using advanced techniques and analysis tools.
· Analyze identified threats to determine their potential impact and advise on mitigation strategies.
· Participate in incident response activities as part of the designated incident response team.
· Assist with containment eradication and recovery efforts as directed.
· Analyze incident data and provide insights to support the investigation and remediation process.
· Document and report all incident response activities for future reference.
· Generate regular reports on security trends threats and vulnerabilities.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.