Midland, MI - Pharmacy Technician (Certified) - LTC - 33128
Apex Systems is hiring for a Pharmacy Technician onsite role in Midland, MI. If you are interested in applying for the role please send your most updated word copy of your resume to Apex recruiters, Makenzie, Shelby and Kayla. Emails are below!
Makenzie: [email protected]
Shelby: [email protected]
Kayla: [email protected]
Title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Midland, Michigan
Contract:12 month contract potential to extend
Start Date: ASAP!
Schedule: Mon-Fri and MUST be able to work some weekends 8-00 am - 4:30 pm EST OR 1:00 pm - 9:30 pm EST
Must be a Registed Pharmacy Technician in the State of Michigan
- Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery, meeting the accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy
- Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels
- Participates in the periodic inventory of the pharmacy
- May check in drugs and supplies, stock shelves and remove out-of-date items from the inventory
- Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding
- Communicates with internal and external customers in a pleasant and professional manner
- May process returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction
- Assists in the training of new employees
- Also performs at least one of the following:
- Works in the Controlled Drugs (Narcotics) Room;
- Works with automated machine to prepack drugs;
- Manages inventory functions such as monitoring pharmaceutical levels and identify expired medications, managing to the pharmacy standard for Days on Hand;
- Inputs patient data and medication orders into a computer system to produce labels (data entry);
- Mixes/packages IV medications, sanitizes IV room, equipment and hood
- Services facility-based medication dispensing machines (e.g., RxNow)
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a pharmacy setting and with medical terminology.
- Ability to operate a computer
- Ability to recognize and identify medications
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.