Email Marketing Content & Data Specialist
Email System Data and Content Specialist – Contractor
Core Description: Ensure maximization of data and content in support of delivering personalized and accurate email marketing communications. This role will pay particular focus to email systems data and content management and enable daily targeting file operations, delivery, and quality assurance of email campaigns. Role will require email service provider systems expertise, attention to detail in entering email content, and application/enablement of data delivery from marketing automation tool to email service provider in support of delivering emails to members. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment, attention to detail, with high impact to member experience. Individual should be able to complete tasks and collaborate with team members with minimum supervision required.
- Act as main liaison to Campaign Execution Team in delivering email experiences for Marketing SCRUM teams, Marketing Production teams, Trigger Email Validation teams
- Act as main liaison to Email Marketing Strategy team as it pertains to delivery and deployment of seamless member experiences
- Enabling implementation of email marketing content and daily operations of emails systems data delivery and Quality Assurance
- Ensuring timely activation of promotional email content
- Identifying, defining, and implementing email data enablement process improvements
- Updating content data extensions in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and provide quality assurance by previewing automations, ensuring content renders correctly, variable data is population, and email experience is performing as expected.
- Ensuring accuracy and continuity of data entered in marketing communications launch plan and Salesforce Marketing Cloud data extensions.
- Providing maintenance of Salesforce Marketing Cloud pertaining to:
- Processing opt-outs
- Updating internal seed lists
- Enabling daily data delivery of marketing automation tool (PEGA)
- Monitor and facilitate NBA, BNB, Trigger File Delivery in SFMC
- Validating daily email send quantities
- Confirming journey builder, automations, and trigger email automations are functioning as expected
- Monthly data back up of Master Content Data Extension housed in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Managing Email Content Communication Codes (Content Management Tags)
- Establishing Communication Codes in the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Documenting and Tracking Communication Codes in Content Management Spreadsheet
- Sharing Communication Codes with Marketing Stakeholders and developing any associated campaign versioning
- Troubleshooting any identified issues with Communication Codes
- Completing email activation tickets in Azure Dev Ops (ADO) to complete quality assurance testing of new email actions – tickets include E2E (end-to-end) testing and quality assurance checks
- Assisting in quality assurance process for email deployments
- Enablement of data to enhance 1:1 member personalization in email marketing communications
- Troubleshooting in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC)
- Custom Data Extract Automation errors to Orchestration Team/PEGA response file output
- Resolving missing response file data with SFMC
- Missing/incorrect data in PEGA table impacting Tableau dashboard analytics
- Automation errors in SFMC
- Journey Builder errors in SFMC
- SFMC support tickets
- Self-starter with experience contributing in integrated cross-functional teams.
- Strong knowledge of email marketing, sophisticated email service providers (ESPs), email compliance, spam regulation, and best practices for email data design and deliverability.
- In-depth experience and advanced knowledge of email service provider tools, high attention to detail pertaining to data entry into system data extensions, and proven ability to troubleshoot system errors.
- Major contributor to email operations with minor contributions and understanding of overall email marketing campaign development.
- Experience with delivering custom content to audience and comfortability in enabling operations between marketing data automation tool and email service provider.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Marketing, Strategy, Business, Finance, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- Hands on experience with marketing campaign execution and understanding best practices.
- Hands on experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and integration with marketing automation tools – including custom data exact troubleshooting, data extension content entry, understanding of automations, and ability/desire to keep up to speed on new system functionality.
- Experience with and understanding of email marketing automation best practices, and experience with PEGA automation tool or similar.
- Experience in supporting the operations for go-to-market plans that drive results toward business priorities and goals.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal direction; possesses appropriate tactfulness and assertiveness to problem-solve and propose changes in team processes.
- Working knowledge of financial and marketing industry trends, products, and services.
- Experience working in Agile work streams.
- Experience working in large marketing organizations with distributed ownership of tasks by role.
Qualities: strong communicator – both written and verbal, proactive, takes initiative to find opportunities to make an impact, active contributor in meetings, natural leader, builds strong relationships, earns respect from colleagues
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.