Site Survey Engineer
Job Description:Apex Systems is seeking a Site Survey Engineer/Specialist to support a local DoD client. The selected candidate will be part of the Defense Enclave Services (DES) team to support data collection, design, and implementation of tasks associated with the management of: cable plant, floor space, heating and cooling, and physical data center security. This role will support the collection of information through documents, site surveys, and customer interviews. Using the data collected, the analyst will help develop migration plans that include technical designs and a schedule of migration tasks.
If interested in role, please reach out to Cameron by sending an updated resume to [email protected]
•Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance. (US Citizenship required)
- Support lead engineer’s as they evaluate, design, and deploy the central components of data center facilities, including: power, cooling, physical security, floor space management, and cable management.
- Support the development of monitoring and management requirements.
- Working in close collaboration with Network Engineers, Server Engineers, Cyber Engineers, Storage Engineers, Data Experts, and other key technical resources.
- Identify procurement and tracking of maintenance materials, safety supplies, and spare components.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable building codes and standards.
- Maintaining the inventory of buildings and installed systems, and establishing maintenance and replacement cycles.
- Performing facility condition assessments.
- Support proposals to modernize facilities.
- Possess strong soft skills in the form of documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Possess professional knowledge of architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and fire protection engineering concepts and principles.
- Experience in asset reliability centered maintenance strategies that target preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Experience with procurement and material tracking.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License issued in the United States.
- Proactively identify any unsafe conditions or hazards and communicate them effectively.
- Complies with applicable safety, environment, health, and waste management policies and procedure.
- Experience with fire safety systems including fire alarm systems and suppression.
- Experience with Data Center Infrastructure Management solutions.
•Ability to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors in cold, dry, high elevation environments.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.