IT Specialist SR @ Pearl Harbor
IT Specialist Senior
Desk Side Support Services
- Provide support for unclassified, classified, Developer, Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information (NNPI), Embarkable, and Transactor seats, on-site or remotely
- Diagnose and repair computer hardware malfunctions
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions of certified software installed on computers
- Diagnose and repair computer and peripheral connectivity issues (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Virtual Private Network [VPN]) and coordinate with Network Services or Network Operations Center (NOC), as required
- Diagnose and repair certified peripheral malfunctions (e.g., printers, scanners, Multi-Function Devices [MFDs], keyboard) on a best effort basis, or coordinate with vendor for warrantee maintenance
- Perform Move/Add/Change (MAC) actions such as computer relocation, installation/removal of certified peripherals, installation/removal of certified Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) software, data transfer, etc.
- Reimage computers using current image
- Provide expedited support for very important people (VIPs)/executive very important people (EVIPs) and have access to VIP Service Desk support
- Have the ability to escalate issues to higher tier support staff, as required
- Provide assistance with using seat services (VPN, anti-virus, Wi-Fi, etc.) (training).
Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) Support (Where Installed)
- Services will include collaboration with Network Services technicians to diagnose and repair WLAN connectivity issues.
Video Teleconference (VTC) Support
- Collaborate with Network Services and VTC services to diagnose and repair VTC malfunctions
- Provide assistance with using certified VTC equipment connected to the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI).
Active Directory (AD) Support (as permitted)
- Perform MAC actions for user and GOTS software objects in AD
- Hide/unhide user accounts in Exchange Global Address List
- Manage distribution and security group properties, membership, and ownership
- Update user account display information not centrally managed and propagated by MilConnect
- Escalate as needed to perform advanced system administrative tasks in AD and servers (as allowed by current SMIT Program policies and procedures).
Network Performance Support
- Collaborate with local and NOC Network Services teams to diagnose and repair network performance issues, including Deployable Site Transport Boundary (DSTB)
- Track and report outages and degraded performance to Customer POC.
File share tasks may require escalation to other teams, such as Capacity Management and Storage Management and are limited by current policy and available tools; therefore, they will be performed on a best-effort basis to:
- Assist the Customer with managing S: drive and additional storage space
- Backup Customer share permissions
- Add quotas to lower level folders
- Provide reports on space used, space available, number of files, and types of files
- Diagnose, correct, or escalate for correction file share performance issues.
Ticket Tracking and Management
- Create/update trouble tickets
- Create/update change tickets
- Provide activity reports with a mutually agreed content, format, and schedule
- Assist Customer with IT asset inventory management, control, refresh, and disposition, in accordance with Customer and SMIT policies and procedures
- Keep Customer POC abreast of network changes, trends, incidents, outages, etc., in a mutually agreed format and schedule.
Desk Side Support Services will include the ability to deploy or trouble-shoot Government-Furnished Equipment (GFE) mobile devices (cell phones, tablets and MobiKey devices) so they can effectively receive Enterprise Mobility services as permitted by applicable Government/Program policies, procedures and SMIT contract scope.
The tasks identified above address a variety of typical Premier Desk Side Support Service requirements common to the majority of Customers and provide Customers the ability to take advantage of enhanced capabilities as needed.
- Provision of services and associated pricing includes personnel resourced with a cellular phone, to address intermittent continuity of service requests outside of the normal service delivery schedule that was mutually agreed to at the commencement of services between the Contractor Project Manager and Customer designated POC (e.g after hours and weekends).
Ten plus (10+) years of IT experience including Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and Network Address Translation (NAT).
Bachelors Degree in CS, MIS, Business or related field
CompTIA S+, IAT level II or above required
Must possess a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP), Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification.
Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance as a condition of employment
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.