Associate Implementation Consultant
Job Description:Position SummaryThe Associate Implementation Consultant is an entry-level implementation position. In this developing/learning capacity, the consultant will learn proprietary software products and implementation approach and eventually be responsible for knowledge transfer directly to clients so they can use the companys software solutions effectively in a production environment. The knowledge transfer to client can be on-site, or via webinar. Initially, the consultant ‘shadows’ more experienced Implementation Consultants at client’s sites in order to learn the job.
- Learn software products with the goal of beginning to provide professional services such as consultation, software readiness, and education to clients on proprietary software products.
- Assist with designing and conducting knowledge transfer sessions on site or through webinars.
- Educate users on fundamental software functionality essential to the solution as well as on data entry, system administration, user security, and user permissions.
- Perform consultation/analysis of basic complexity of client business model to identify and document client requirements regarding Tyler products and functionality.
- Play an active role in troubleshooting client issues of basic complexity. Work with the Support or Development departments to resolve issues of basic complexity.
- Keep up to date on administrative tasks such as documenting client issues, communicating agendas, submitting trip reports, timesheets and weekly expense reports, and updating systems-related client activity.
- May assist QA staff with product testing or modification testing as required.
- Notify more experienced staff, management and/or appropriate organization/department of issues or unplanned events that could impact the effectiveness/schedule/budget of the implementation.
- Create both client-facing and internal documentation such as "quick tips" and "how tos".
- Act as liaison between the client and company’s technical staff including conveying technical information of basic complexity so that non-technical individuals can understand.
- May participate in the annual Users Conference to facilitate user group discussion on assigned module/topic.
- Travels to client sites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ComplexityThe Associate Implementation Consultant must be able to:
- Expeditiously learn, understand, and demonstrate such knowledge of Propriety software applications by following the implementation methodology approach.
- Demonstrate ability to understand business processes and apply these to the product.
- Demonstrate excellent people skills and ability to build client relationships.
- Maintain a courteous, professional, and confident demeanor throughout the implementation process.
- Work with a diverse group of people, and adapt to and work in a dynamic environment.
- Exercise good judgment, discretion, and tact while working with clients.
- Maintain the ability to perform the functions of the application on different data platforms.
- Manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Complete tasks with general direction.
- Demonstrate growing knowledge of implementation processes, problem management tools and procedures.
- Demonstrate excellent partnering, communicating, and negotiating skills in order to gather client requirements and communicate effectively with the Project Managers, Development, DBA’s and Support staff.
- Maintain composure under pressure.
- Work effectively in a fast paced, team based, customer service oriented environment.
- Recognize and react appropriately to the complexity and criticality of incidents related to the implementation business function.
- Bachelor’s degree, or comparable work experience.
- Knowledge of principles and concepts in the discipline for which the knowledge transfer will be based is desired.
- Exceptional presentation and knowledge transfer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiarity and ease with computer systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.
- State Government experience a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.