Sr Project Manager
Job Description:Project Managers are intimately familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) and they know how to work in a fast-paced, challenging, software-driven environment. They create full-scale project plans, oversee necessary communication documents, direct, and manage projects from beginning to end, follow internal processes and procedures, define project scope, goals, and deliverables, and collaborate with senior management and stakeholders. Project Managers are adept multi-taskers who can juggle multiple priorities, provide outstanding service to our customers, work closely with team members, and ensure that together, they achieve an outstanding outcome.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn the features, functions, and standard configuration of the Division and Business Unit products.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Proactively communicate with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Develop and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Work with Accounting to coordinate project invoicing.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Ensure that all deliverables are of high quality.
- Collaborate with team members to define requirements.
- Collaborate with team members to define test plans and cases.
- Collaborate with team members to plan deployment activities.
- Track project milestones, deliverables, project costs, project budget, and manage monthly invoice process.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and develop a contingency plan.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the Project.
- Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Detailed oriented a must
- 7 - 10+ years’ direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of project initiation, planning, development execution, and delivery
- Understanding of web-application programming; especially java development
- Familiarity with database and operating systems, specifically Oracle, SQL Server, UNIX, and Windows
- Familiarity with application servers such as Tomcat, JBoss, Wildfly.
- Experience with MS Project, JIRA, and SharePoint.
- Must be PMI PMP Certified.
- Experience with commercial-off-the-shelf Case Management, Business Process Management, Regulatory or workflow web applications is a huge plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from many sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to quickly defuse tension among project team with sensitivity and discretion should it arise.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience implementing projects within the Military community (either as active service or via private industry) is a plus.
- Requirement must be in the Richmond, VA area and be willing to be on-site 5 days a week.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.