Technical Product Owner
Apex Systems is looking for a Technical Product Owner to join a growing client in Greenwood Village, CO that is working a hybrid onsite/remote schedule.
Work on a program consists of data scientists, data engineers and software developers working collaboratively in our mission to enable internal employees to safely test product changes and uncover actionable data insights.
The product owner is responsible for ensuring the data platform engineering teams deliver valuable changes and feature enhancements for our internal stakeholders. The product owner will work with data science product managers and key stakeholders to define roadmaps and achieve data platform visions. The product owner will guide stakeholders into defining desired outcomes, identifying value opportunities, and setting data platform priorities. The product owner will define the user stories necessary for engineering teams to deliver value and will serve as proxy for the stakeholders to the engineering teams.
- Creates and maintains team boards and backlogs in Jira
- Manages stakeholder relationships and helps define related data platform roadmaps
- Captures desired stakeholder outcomes and business requirements
- Writes user stories and acceptance criteria (tickets)
- Advocates for the needs of the stakeholder in team ceremonies
- In coordination with the team leader, develops and manages project schedule
- Translates project plans or requirements to workable milestones
- Prioritizes development tasks to ensure value is being delivered for stakeholders
- Identifies and facilitates required reviews and approvals
- Ensures product developed meets requirements and verifies work is complete
- Coordinates and facilitating user feedback sessions with UX design as appropriate
- Manages communications between leadership, stakeholder, and development / data science teams
- Communicates with product managers and key stakeholders regarding development plans and progress, including review of requirements, acceptance criteria, and end product
- Responsible for creating product release notes
- Responsible for developing product documentation (wiki)
- Responsible for identifying product training needs
- Accountable for trainings being delivered
- Responsible for communicating issues, failures, resolutions to stakeholders
- 5+ years in an agile product owner/manager role
- Professional experience managing stakeholders of data systems and internal development teams
- Experience working with data and/or internal development teams
- Understanding how data works
- Experience with Jira or similar tools
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Professional experience working with data scientists and experimentation
- Prior product ownership/management of data services and data products
The compensation for this position is dependent on experience and skill set match and is anywhere between $65/hr to $80/hr
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a copy of your resume to Emily Pentico at [email protected]
Apex Benefits Overview: Apex offers a range of supplemental benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and other insurance plans that offer an optional layer of financial protection. We offer an ESPP (employee stock purchase program) and a 401K program which allows you to contribute typically within 30 days of starting, with a company match after 12 months of tenure. Apex also offers a HSA (Health Savings Account on the HDHP plan), a SupportLinc Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with up to 8 free counseling sessions, a corporate discount savings program and other discounts. In terms of professional development, Apex hosts an on-demand training program, provides access to certification prep and a library of technical and leadership courses/books/seminars once you have 6+ months of tenure, and certification discounts and other perks to associations that include CompTIA and IIBA. Apex has a dedicated customer service team for our Consultants that can address questions around benefits and other resources, as well as a certified Career Coach. You can access a full list of our benefits, programs, support teams and resources within our ‘Welcome Packet’ as well, which an Apex team member can provide.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.