Systems Admin Mid
System Administrator/Command Center Specialist
Location: Norfolk Naval Station
Schedule: Day Shift Thurs, Friday, Saturday, and Every other Weds (6:00am - 6:00pm)
Length: Long-term Contract
Apply here for immediate consideration: Please send your updated resume and Security+ certification to Emma at [email protected]
Responsible for monitoring and reporting on incidents and events impacting the infrastructure and network. This includes responding appropriately to alerts and events and from triage through resolution, including escalations, where appropriate.
Provide After Action Reports in accordance with Government procedures. Document daily shift activities in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues. Provide incident notification to Government representatives.
- The Watch Officer ensures lifecycle oversight of Government Directed Actions to ensure implementations are completed in accordance with established timeframes.
- Ensure real time information exchange of operational, critical situations, and disaster preparedness to operational customer.
- Act as a Liaison to the Government Battle Watch and designated leaders for Day to Day activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Hosts business continuity restoration calls.
- Ensures the timely (5 minutes or less) response to network infrastructure warnings, critical and fatal event alert notices.
- Responsible for generating well-documented Critical Incident Reports for leadership.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of assigned Command Center Watch Team.
- Develop or update standard operating procedures, and processes, and assist in the implementation as part of the Continuous Service Improvement initiative for the Command Center and Network Operations Center.
- Provides 24/7/365 representation, communications, and domain awareness for the Enterprise.
- Review, audit, and ensure that approved Government Directed Action Change tickets created by the customer are processed in a timely fashion
- Perform tasks such as monitoring phone calls, reviewing live news feeds, relaying information verbally or through written reports to Leadership. Written reports will be generated using MS Word or Power Point.
- Familiar with incident management tasks and responsible for processing and disseminating information collected.
- Responsible for maintaining logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Responsible for reporting suspected security violations to designated authority.
- Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance as a condition and continuation of employment. No sponsorship provided, Secret clearance needed
- BS degree and 1-2 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience in Cybersecurity, Information Security, IT, EE, Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related field..
- Additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizen and DoD Secret Clearance.
- 8570 Compliant meeting the IAT level certification requirements.
- Familiarity with ITIL best practices (ITIL Foundations).
- Experience in a data center environment.
- Performs well under pressure and has the ability to multi-task.
- Hands-on Experience in working with DoD networks, including NIPR and SIPR
- Willing to perform shift work
- Prior military experience a plus; USMC or USN IT experience preferred
- Experience working with networking technologies and data centers
- Exceptional communication abilities, both verbal and written, including long-form business writing on complex topics.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently; have a passion to improve at every opportunity
- Ability to define program goals and roadmaps based on customer needs and strategic direction, and ensure that committed projects are delivered on schedule by the relevant team members
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with other teams to resolve issues and communicate status effectively to peers, subordinates and program leadership
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.