Day to Day
Perform Field Engineering and Vendor Management roles across a wide geography, responsible for engineering and installing the Domestic US Core Networks. Candidate will engineer and manage multiple simultaneous projects, from issuance of required Engineering documentation through managing the entire installation lifecycle – building the technologies associated with our client’s Core Inside and the supporting host of network ancillary and infrastructure equipment. The Engineer will utilize multiple systems and tools in performance of these duties, including but not limited to CCP, vSAP, Venue., CoFEE and ICON
- Field Engineer detailed, often complex, network builds for new and existing technologies and assist with ordering equipment/cables/hardware via the appropriate systems (CCP, SRM…)
- Coordinate & project manage specific installation designs and physical installations across multiple simultaneous initiatives; including installs, reconfigurations, decommissions, and First Office Applications (FOA).
- Engineer/manage database (ICON, CoFEE, CCP, etc) updates, equipment configurations, card/port assignments/requirements, power mapping, cable running lists, floor space and rack placement, and detailed Bill of Material (BOM).
- Interface with Operations and other Implementation organizations in performing site surveys to obtain critical site-specific pre-engineering data prior to the build, as well as post installation redlines and end of job audits.
- Manage staging and receipt of Major and Minor project materials.
- Negotiate, coordinate, and drive/track completion of project milestones with all appropriate stakeholders, to include third party turf vendors.
- Facilitate and maintain relationships with multiple service vendors, including pricing compliance, standards creation, and compliance, and conducting quality reviews – to include follow up remediation as appropriate and periodic performance reviews.
- Accurately identify, monitor, report, escalate, and resolve technical issues encountered throughout the engineering and build process.
- Verify installations are compliant with all applicable installation practices, such as IP72202
- Manage multiple projects & associated budgets, provide timely reporting, and effectively coordinate with Planning, Vendor Technical Management, and Program Management organizations. Candidate will be managing and scheduling multiple projects, balancing their workload in accordance with corporate priorities, effectively coordinating with Planning, Program Management and third-party turf vendor organizations, program/project status updates and readouts, and contributing to team transformation and process/procedure improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of related work experience.
- Experience in Telecom Engineering and Network Implementation.
- Leadership, self-starter with strong management and organizational skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple, often conflicting priorities to successful completion.
- Solid understanding of telecom networking, networks and technologies, equipment designs and configuration procedures, and inventory.
- Strong technical and project management skills as well as excellent PC and software application skills including Windows and MS Office.
- Excellent verbal and written skills for inter-organizational communications.
- Engineering, Planning, and/or Ops knowledge
- Prior experience with ICON, SiteVU, Venue, CCP, CoFEE, nSAP, vSAP and SRM as well as expense and/or capital budgets.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.