Expert MEDITECH Expanse Go-Live Support Consultants
Expert MEDITECH Expanse Go-Live Support Consultants
Client Industry: Healthcare IT
Work Location: On-Site – Vancouver, BC.
Consultant Location: Can be located anywhere in Canada, but have to be willing to travel to Vancouver, BC for 2 Months (April and May 2024)
Type of Work: SHIFT WORK – 12 Hour Shifts (Day + Night)
Travel Required: Flights, accommodation, food, and transport will be reimbursed.
Dates to be aware of:
- Remote Work to get up to speed on MEDITECH Expanse set up to begin in March 2024.
- Training to begin on-site in Vancouver on Sunday April 7th, 2024
- Go-Live Support (Shift Work) to run from April 13th - May 24th, 2024 (approximately).
Terms: 2 – 3 Month Contract
Start Date: March 25th, 2024
End Date: May 31st, 2024
Hours: Full Time: 4 or 5 12 hour shifts per week (48 – 60 Hours / Week)
Clinical Solution Advancement on behalf of the Advance Program
Manager, Clinical Solutions Advancement
Implementation and Training Leads
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities. Advance is Fraser Health’s largest multi-year transformational program, which will affect over 30,000 staff and clinicians across 13 sites.
The Advance program is focused on re-imagining how we deliver care today and into the future. The program will enable Fraser Health to improve the way patients experience care while driving better outcomes. Within the program governance, there are a series of multi-year projects designed to improve safety, quality and consistency of patient care across Fraser Health (“region”) supported by the modernization of our core hospital information system.
Advance will continue to support common clinical standards and processes, including workflows, order sets, clinical guidelines and integrated plans of care enabled by a common electronic health record, across the region. This transformation will be supported by the implementation of MEDITECH Expanse, to replace our multiple ageing systems that are at risk for failure. This multi-year implementation across Fraser will continue to progress us towards HIMSS Level 6.
Our first implementation occurred at Eagle Ridge Hospital in April 2023 and the next implementations are scheduled for November 2023 at Fraser Canyon Hospital, Mission Memorial Hospital and Delta Hospital. Royal Columbian Hospital will follow in April 2024. The objective of this engagement will be to develop the Expanse educational content and associated artefacts. Future site implementations and our operational training strategy will look to leverage the deliverables resulting from this engagement. Fraser Health’s retention of intellectual property and ownership of editable artefacts is a requirement.
To provide MEDITECH Expanse expertise and Tier 1 Support for a Hospital Go-Live:
- Provide “At the Elbow” Support for MEDITECH Expanse Go-Live to a large Hospital in Vancouver, BC.
- Provide Tier 1 MEDITECH Expanse Go-Live Support to an interdisciplinary team of nursing, allied health, physicians, and unit clerks.
- Cross-train and utilize a train-the-trainer approach for operational Clinical Information Specialists (and other staff) to bring them up to speed with the processes and workflows in MEDITECH Expanse, in order to support readiness for sustainment long term.
- Aid in optimization of learning content for sustainment (optimization of in classroom content, Just in time training, and e-learns, including potentially introducing new modalities)
Specific Qualifications or Experience Required:
MEDITECH Expanse expertise.
Constraints and Special Considerations:
- MUST be a CANADIAN Resident, PR, or Citizen.
- Experience with MEDITECH® Expanse required.
- Experience in BC Healthcare preferred.
- Experience in large organizations preferred.
- Experience with large-scale clinical transformation and/or clinical information system implementation is preferred.
- Future site implementations and our operational training strategy will look to leverage the deliverables resulting from this engagement. Fraser Health retention of intellectual property and ownership of editable artifacts is a requirement.
Pricing Options Preferred:
All respondents located within the BC Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley area will provide an all-inclusive hourly rate card. The BC Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley area includes all geographical regions administered by Fraser Health and Vancouver Coastal Health with the exception of the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola).
Travel will be required. It will be reimbursed for Consultants located outside of BC Lower Mainland are who will need to travel and stay in Vancouver, BC for the duration of the Go-Live Support (2 Months).
Seniority Level Descriptions: Expert
- A Degree in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of six (6) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- A Diploma in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of seven (7) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- A Certificate in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of eight (8) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- An absolute minimum of ten (10) years of directly related Consulting Category experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.