Engineering Project Manager
Apex Systems is looking to hire an ONSITE Engineering Project Manager for our client based out of Greensboro, NC.
This assignment is anticipated to be a 12 month contract with strong potential for extension; however, Apex Systems cannot guarantee the length of this assignment.
This will also have a first shift Monday-Friday schedule.
- Manage and secure that all activities for verification and validation of features and regulations are identified, planned, optimized, and completed.
- Deliver project requirements with Quality, on-time Delivery, maintain Cost and fulfill Feature targets (QDCF).
- Manage all incoming test requests through risk management approach, with support of Feature Engineers.
- Define test plan prioritization and proactively communicate project risks.
- Represent the organization in project management teams, design reviews, clinics, etc.
- Identify necessary resources and related costs such as simulation, rig test & test trucks to execute.
- Lead feature reviews and report feature fulfillment, verification, and validation status to the project team.
- Deliver input to project documentation (e.g. requirement specification, project description, PAP/PDP, risk register, lessons learned).
- Ensure that project time plans (level 1-3, commodity/module) cover all activities needed to fully verify and validated components, systems, and functions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (master’s preferred)
- 5+ years of project management experience (automotive industry preferred)
- Leadership experience preferred
- Quality tool skills (Risk analysis, FMEA, Project Assurance quality) preferred
- Experience with SAFe Agile methodology preferred
- Familiarity with North American automotive safety regulations (FMVSS/CMVSS) preferred
- Good communication skills and positive mind-set
- Strong interest in developing relationships with stakeholders
Why Work for Apex Systems:
- We offer weekly pay, direct deposit, competitive pay rates
- Health/Medical benefits, Life Insurance, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Discounts to most major certification programs, access to multiple technical training platforms and programs
About Apex Systems:
At Apex Systems, we value integrity, respect, and excellence, and we are committed to providing exceptional service to our clients and consultants alike. We pride ourselves on our ability to match the right people with the right opportunities, and we offer our consultants competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects in a supportive and collaborative environment. Whether you are a seasoned professional looking for your next career challenge, or a recent graduate seeking to build your skills and gain valuable experience, Apex Systems has the resources and expertise to help you achieve your goals. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our consultants, and we are passionate about helping them succeed in their careers.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.