Job Description:Title: Senior Systems RF/Spectrum Engineer
Project: Drone Detection Mitigation and Airport Technology Supporting FAA
Location: Atlantic City, NJ
This position will test vendors drone detection systems that will be used at airports. This specific position needs to make sure the RF environments are correct so they can testing can be done correctly.
As a Senior Systems Engineer you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Systems Engineer Sr Advisor joining our team to help the FAA define and establish plocies that integrate UAS into the NAS.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Candidate will support the program with UAS detection and mitigation technology/system research, testing, and evaluation efforts.
- Prepare and execute test plans and test cards.
- Develop ‘performance specifications’ framework for each type of UAS detection and mitigation technology with the objective to create Advisory Circulars or other guidance documents.
- Support planning and coordination efforts in preparation for the deployment, testing, and evaluation of UAS detection and mitigation technologies/systems.
- Perform and document a hazard analysis and other safety related analyses prior to conducting UAS detection and mitigation testing/evaluations.
- Perform and document spectrum interference testing at each airport, prior to the commencement of UAS detection and mitigation testing/evaluations.
- Develop a methodology and ranking criteria for selecting UAS platforms for testing/evaluating against UAS detection and mitigation technologies/systems.
- Assist with each UAS detection and mitigation technology/system vendor with deploying, operating, maintaining, monitoring, troubleshooting, collecting data, and removing technologies/systems.
- Test and evaluate the performance capabilities of UAS detection and mitigation technologies / systems.
- Review, analyze, and report on the data collected during the test and evaluation period.
- Develop pass/fail criteria and metrics for testing/evaluating each of the UAS detection and technologies tested.
- Fully document all UAS detection and mitigation technology/system testing, and evaluations performed.
- Continually review and analyze the data being collected and prepare draft Engineering Brief/Advisory Circular language, or other guidance document that describes the performance specifications, selection, procurement, deployment, and management of UAS detection and mitigation technologies/systems in the airport environment.
- Through longitudinal operations of multiple technologies/systems at multiple airports, will prepare guidance for best practices to manage the effective use of UAS detection and mitigation technologies/systems to secure the airport and ensure fundamental principles of safety risk management are followed.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Education: Bachelors Degree in an engineering branch (civil, electrical, mechanical, chemical, or interdisciplinary) from a college or university with a degree curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- Masters Degree, MBA, or PhD in related field may be substituted for Bachelors degree and 3 years experience.
- Required: RF Spectrum or RF Engineering experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.