SAP ABAP Developer
Job Description:SAP ABAP Developer
Location: Houston, TX – Mon, Tues, Thurs onsite
Duration: 12 months
This role requires close collaboration with ABAP developers and functional teams to apply SAP module-specific notes. The responsibilities extend to demonstrating a strong understanding of SAP change and release management controls and processes. The resource will ensure full compliance and control adherence within the environment with a keen focus on security. Additionally, expertise with the SNOTE tool, SAP Data Dictionary modifications, side effect notes, and SPAU/SPDD adjustments during the support pack application process is required. Strong troubleshooting skills engaging with various teams both technical and functional to address specific application errors, problems, and performance issues.
- Extensive hands-on ABAP or BASIS experience in applying OSS notes, SPAU, SPAU_ENH and SPDD for Support packs and Enhancement packs
- At least 2 full life cycle SPAU and SPDD support for implementations/upgrades covering at least 3 or more SAP Products as described: ECC, BW, SRM, GTS, GRC, SLT
- Application of Third party transports and pre-requisites
- Work with ABAP developers and Functional teams as needed for applying SAP module specific notes
- Strong familiarity with SAP change and release management controls and processes. Must ensure full compliance / control adherence of the environment. Must be security aware.
- Good knowledge of SNOTE tool, SAP Data dictionary modifications, Side effect notes and Support pack application process
- Work with various teams including technical and/or functional team to troubleshoot specific application errors, problems and performance issues
- Use of SAP OSS system to look for solutions to problems, create SAP incidents and escalate when required
- On call support to provide 24x7x365 response to critical system issues
- Ready to work weekends. Needs to have "do whatever it takes" mindset to resolve the issues
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, MIS, Computer Science or other IT related field
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 5+ years of experience developing in SAP ABAP
- Extensive working experience with SAP ABAP systems
- Database knowledge that includes Oracle and table structures
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to quickly recognize, isolate, and resolve technical problems
- An integrated knowledge of other Information Technology disciplines.
- Ability and skills to provide valued technical ideas and advice to other team members
- Good interpersonal skills, self-motivated, ability to provide after-hours support for global customers in differing time zones
- Discipline in following operational standards and processes
- Customer focused, business driven, and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong networks with IT and project resources across the globe
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable, and standing up for what is right
- Builds strong relationships based on trust and seeks opportunities to collaborate across the matrix/organizational boundaries to achieve business goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.