Mechanical Engineer II
Apex Systems is looking for a Mechanical Engineer in the Orlando area to join our clients product design team as they develop various products for the US Military. This role will begin as a 6 month contract and has the potential for extension. If you are interested, please send your resume to Connor Stone ([email protected])
Role: Mechanical Engineer
Duration: 6 mo. contract, potential for extension!
Pay Rate: 42-47/hr
Location: Orlando, FL
Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Creates and modifies CAD drawings including sheet metal & machined parts/assemblies, cable harness/cable routing mechanical interfaces to electronic systems
- Conducts detailed mechanical analysis, including FEA and thermal analysis, to ensure robustness and performance of designs
- Collaborates with electrical, software, and systems engineering teams to integrate mechanical components into complete simulation systems.
- Performs design evaluations on engineering solutions considering DFM/DFA
- Aids engineering team in drafting/documentation activities
- Develops Bill of Materials and spare parts lists, component documentation and assembly, service, and operator manuals.
- Specifies commercial components, materials, coatings, and other relevant design specifications.
- Works with engineering team regarding design, drafting standards, and ECN/ECR processes.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to understand project requirements and objectives and provide innovative solutions.
- Assists in building and validation of prototypes.
- Provides technical support during the manufacturing and production stages.
- Conducts risk assessments and participate in design reviews to identify and mitigate potential issues.
- Prepares and helps present designs at various design reviews.
- Contributes to continuous improvement efforts.
- Occasionally visits customer/subcontractor sites for design meetings, installations, retrofits, or other activities.
- Maintains sensitive and confidential information as required by company and government requirements.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of experience in equipment/machine design with Autodesk Inventor and/or related CAD systems
- Experience in design of high-quality mechanical designs with regard to schedule and budget parameters
- Familiarity of drafting standards and tolerances
- Strong understanding of mechanical design principles, including materials science, and manufacturing processes
- Experience with finite element analysis (FEA) and simulation tools for mechanical analysis
- Experience in design of sheet metal and machined components and assemblies
- Experience with simulation hardware or related industries is a plus
- Familiarity with basic hand tools and assembly
- Experience with measuring instruments (caliper, micrometer, gauges, etc.)
- Detail-oriented with a strong commitment to delivering high-quality designs.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to travel to installation sites and support installation, troubleshooting, and training of customers, and other personnel
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.