Communications Network Engineer (Mid)
Apex Systems is hiring for a Network Administrator with a large government client supporting the Navy & Marine Corps at Washington Navy Yard, DC!
If interested in applying, please email a copy of your updated resume AND Security+ certification to Melissa at [email protected]
Location: 100% on-site at Washington Navy Yard
- Active, DoD-issued Secret Security Clearance
- Minimum 4 years of networking experience and a Bachelors Degree in IT-related Field (additional years of experience may be used in lieu of degree)
- CompTIA Security+ CE Certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (or ability to obtain within the first 6 months of employment)
- Evaluate communication hardware and software, as well as troubleshoot Local Area Networks/Base Area Networks/Wide Area Networks (LAN/BAN/WAN), and other network related problems.
- Administer LAN/BAN/WANs.
- Schedule conversions and cutovers.
- Coordinate with all responsible users and sites.
- Specialized experience in the performance and configuration of networks as well as the integration and test of complex large-scale computer integrated networks.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.