Summary - Test Engineer - Automotive Big Rig - 5 days onsite in Greensboro, NC - Long-term contract (12+ months)
Apex Systems is looking to hire a FULLY ONSITE Test Engineer for our client based out of Greensboro, NC.
Pay: $44 - $48/hr
This assignment is anticipated to be a 12 month contract with strong potential for extension; however, Apex Systems cannot guarantee the length of this assignment.
- Define verification criteria for feature, function, and field test.
- Deliver the technical test requirements upstream in the projects by using simulation, rig tests and physical vehicles.
- Specific to Feature testing: Perform physical testing.
- This position’s responsibilities are directly related fatigue and strength testing of systems and components within the durability feature domain.
- These activities include transducer and rig design, fatigue testing using hydraulic and electrodynamic test equipment, full vehicle data acquisition, corrosion and climate chamber testing, data analysis, and report writing.
- This position will also have exposure to digital model and field test data correlation related to durability performance especially as it relates to E-mobility and other emerging technologies.
- Specific for Function Testing: Understand functions and verification requirements in order to define test targets. Create test plan. Manage, plan, prepare, and execute the test.
- Analyze results and give recommendations in their respective technology area. Prepare and manage fault reports from tests. Document results and compile the engineering report (ER).
- Continuously update Test Methods and propose updates of Technical Requirement together with the technology areas. Define strategies and develop test methods for new technologies, transport solutions within features, functions, or field test.
- Deploy and support the feature, function testing or field tests in new markets and sites.
- Responsibility for test codes and or test methods
- Responsible for fidelity of test methods and codes, Go-To person, technical expert within an area or broad competence in many, train, and mentor less experienced, manage network across the organization.
- Known subject matter expert and a natural go to person for complex discipline related issues
- Strong Tshaped profile (either building deeper discipline excellence or developing mature generalist toolbox)
- Known product owner, often contributing to project roadmaps/strategies within context of industry trends
- Clear articulation of value creation by joining up the between their work and the TD/BA strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 4+ years mechanical engineering experience
- We offer weekly pay, direct deposit, competitive pay rates
- Health/Medical benefits, Life Insurance, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Discounts to most major certification programs, access to multiple technical training platforms and programs
About Apex Systems:
At Apex Systems, we value integrity, respect, and excellence, and we are committed to providing exceptional service to our clients and consultants alike. We pride ourselves on our ability to match the right people with the right opportunities, and we offer our consultants competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects in a supportive and collaborative environment. Whether you are a seasoned professional looking for your next career challenge, or a recent graduate seeking to build your skills and gain valuable experience, Apex Systems has the resources and expertise to help you achieve your goals. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our consultants, and we are passionate about helping them succeed in their careers.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.