Chief Information Officer
Job Description:Chief Information Officer
WHO WE ARE
Apex Systems is a world class technology services business that incorporates industry insights and experience to deliver solutions that fulfill our clients’ digital visions.
We’re known for our professional development, career advancement opportunities, and fast-paced environment. We also take work-life balance seriously and offer vacation, holidays, and birthdays off, as well as philanthropic days, and team-building events.
This Chief Information Officer (CIO) requires a leader who has proven executive level leadership success. The role requires a leader with progressive, on-the-spot, critical thinking ability, who uses data driven analytics to make sound business decisions and must thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven work environment with a strong understanding of opportunity / cost. Our CIO creates successful business strategies, annual business plans, and maps out proper IT needs and system requirements that are appropriate for the size and structure of business at$3B+ in gross revenues. This person is customer focused and has depth and knowledge on how to support a company core around services, sales, and marketing. This role provides direction to continuously develop all IT leadership. This person takes the initiative by identifying areas of opportunity within the company and utilizes their problem-solving ability to achieve business goals. The CIO assists on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to IT performance excellence.
- Provide day-to-day leadership that instills mission, core values, leadership philosophy, and core tenants.
- Create and execute winning business strategies, detailed annual growth plans that support business needs in information technology, KPI identification, company reporting, and roll up dashboards for internal customers.
- In collaboration with other executives, envisions, leads, and maintains a healthy IT Governance model to evaluate and set priority for business needs.
- Proactively anticipating profit generating opportunities and business challenges, and effectively communicating solutions with other senior leadership.
- Establish needs, cost analyze and implement the appropriate IT initiatives that improve company ROI.
- Provide strategic direction to optimize performance in all areas that impact the company KPI’s.
- Build effective teams, work relationships, and strategic partnerships with key suppliers.
- Collaborate with company’s Business Transformation team to ensure a project deadlines and budgets are met.
- Develop, implement, and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and risk management program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of company data.
- Leverage information security experts and technology to support a secure infrastructure, secure applications, and overall data security; lead strategic security planning with IT Operations, development teams, and users across the organization.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of IT department including personnel, initiatives, efficiencies, business processes, and strategic changes.
- Collaborate with the executive leadership team to develop and implement plans for the business infrastructure including personnel, processes, and systems.
- Leads IT strategic and operational planning and budgets to achieve the company’s goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Develops IT specific RFIs, RFQs and RFPs for acquisition of technology, services, and equipment.
- Develops and executes IT General controls (ITGC) and application control objectives to ensure effective use of information technology controls.
- This position reports directly to the Chief Services Officer, who reports directly to the President.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Software Development, Business, Finance, or other applicable experience preferred.
- 5+ years of business experience in the staffing and solutions industry.
- Executive IT leadership with global experience preferred.
- 3+ years as a CIO/CTO/CEO/COO with gross revenues $100m+ annually required.
- 3+ years of full company P&L ownership and strong business analytical skills in trending and forecasting, problem identification, and problem solving.
- 10+ years senior level executive experience with the day-to-day experience in IT operations.
- Executive experience architecting the IT needs of a fast-growing businesses including process development and identifying and implementing system needs.
- Strong experience with running Agile teams in IT, with a lens beyond software development, including Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Proven success with Mergers and Acquisitions, specifically with IT integrations.
- Proven experience leading large-scale enterprise technology modernization efforts, ideally with Salesforce and/or ServiceNow implementation in a large organization.
- Proven ability to increase revenue and reduce expenses through strategic technological improvements.
- Extensive experience in leading and strategizing major data information and business analytics management programs within key business areas, and an exceptional knowledge and understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Extensive experience in the development and execution of financial and technology-related controls required for publicly traded companies.
- Expertise and highly experienced in sourcing and implementing CRM, ATS, and ERP solutions in a B2B environment.
- Experience and exposure to managing and implementing AI tools preferred.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Family Building Resources
- Personal Health Support
- Paid Family Leave and Parental Bonding Leave
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Partial Gym Membership Paid
- Training and Advancement opportunities
- Philanthropic Opportunities
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact [email protected].