Chief Solution Architect
CHIEF SOLUTION ARCHITECTWHO WE ARE
Apex Systems is a world class technology services business that incorporates industry insights and experience to deliver solutions that fulfill our clients’ digital visions.
We’re known for our professional development, career advancement opportunities, and fast-paced environment. We also take work-life balance seriously and offer vacation, holidays, and birthdays off, as well as philanthropic days, and team-building events.
Apex’s Solution Capabilities group is seeking a highly motivated, curious, results-oriented solution architect to be a technical leader, advisor and consultant for our clients and our delivery execution team. This position reports to the Global Head of Cloud & Infrastructure Capability and works closely with Account Mangers, Engagement Managers and Internal and External Consultants to develop, propose, sell and deliver solutions for our clients.
You will be a key part of the IT services sales and delivery cycles by partnering with clients to define their technical vision and develop an end-to-end solution, as well as deliver on the solution. You will provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise for end-to-end solutions in modernizing and integrating applications while providing guidance, oversight and/or leadership throughout the engagement delivery.
You will also be part of nourishing and growing our Cloud & Infrastructure solutions capability by building out proof of concepts, exploring different and emerging technology products, and delivering on approved strategic technical initiatives.
Solution Development & Sales Enablement:
- Collaborate with business leaders to create and execute a strategy for positioning Apex’s Cloud & Infrastructure capabilities to win in the market
- In collaboration with solution leadership, own solution development including marketing content and field sales enablement content
- Create development deliverable templates as needed for repeatable and re-usable project execution
- Continuously stay on top of technology trends and develop expertise in emerging technologies to enable innovative solution development
- Act as key technical advisor, consultant and expert in bid and proposal efforts: proposing solutions, providing architectural technical guidance on proposed solutions, and providing work effort estimation and technical proposal documentation
- Partner with account teams to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches
- Support implementation during the execution phase by providing leadership and high-level oversight of engagement team work product to ensure successful delivery of the overall technical solution for the client. May also perform hands-on development activities on select engagements as needed
- Conduct enterprise level technical assessments for clients, recommending best-in-class technology solutions, industry trends, and best practices to modernize applications
- Collaborate closely with consulting practice leadership to ensure Apex has the internal talent to drive successful engagements and collaborate closely with Engagement Management leadership to ensure assigned resources have the necessary skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 12+ years of experience in Software Engineering roles including software architecture and full stack development
- 7+ years of experience in a client-facing role in IT services; strong understanding of services contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a role focused on the achievement of sales targets preferred
- Relevant demonstrated thought leadership: presentations, articles, lectures, blogs, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and oral, and an ability to communicate complex ideas to all levels of the business. Expert level presentation and consultative selling skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, demonstrated ability to provide project oversight
- Available to travel to visit clients as needed (