Sr. Accounts Receivable Specialist
Job Description:SR. ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST
WHO WE ARE
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Responsible for researching any payments not posted daily that come in through the Lockbox
- Serve as support & education liaison for both internal and external clients with inquiries pertaining to software, payment policies and/or procedures, etc. Sr. Accounts Receivable Specialist is a reference guide for other analysts when needed, providing mentorship and additional training.
- Own any internal client specific reporting as needed, including but not limited to, Short pay tracking, OA Tracking, Client portal tracking, and Payment Tracking.
- Customer Service – answering customer service type questions and do proper research that come from external clients and individual internal departments
- Responsible for processing any unapplied cash and write downs submitted
- Completing on time any other assigned tasks directed by AR Supervisor/TL
- Assist billing teams with task such as but not limited to the following:
- eBilling in client systems/portals
- Scanning and renaming invoices
- Pull payments for research purposes
- Managing timecard packages
- Assignment Review and Approval of Work: supervisor or other designee assigns all work duties and provides general instructions. The work needs to be completed on a daily basis for payments, OA’s, and write downs. Reporting needs to be completed as stated when assigned.
- Specialist will independently research and determine proper resolution of issues, consulting applicable management, policy/procedure, and staff as necessary.
- Equipment Operation: intermediate to advanced Excel experience, proficient in Outlook. PeopleSoft experience a plus. Specialist will work with basic office equipment. Faxes, postage machine, copier, printer, shredder, and computer.
- Position interacts with all levels of personnel within the company. Incumbent must remain courteous at all times providing prompt and superior service, while recognizing the sensitivity and confidentiality of information exchanged.
- Attention to detail is very important when posting any payments. Incumbent must understand and remain up to date with changes in corporate policies. Multi-tasking and the proper prioritization of daily tasks and understanding the importance of each.
- CAD Payments
- Manage/track payments with complicated set up, portals, or tracking needed
- Act as back up to Supervisor/Team Lead
- Mentor Team and assist with questions
- Manage Group Email
- CR/RB’s and merges
- AR VMS portal set up
- 3 years or more Accounts Receivable experience preferred.
- College Degree or relevant work experience preferably in an Accounts Receivable environment.
- Conceptual understanding of basic accounting functions
- Ability to work with limited supervision and in often-stressful situations is critical.
- Superior oral communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Detail-oriented individual with excellent work/time organizational skills, as well as analytical and problem solving skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, and Internet navigational experience is required.
- A team player with initiative and self-motivation; must be able to give, interpret and/or follow written and verbal instructions; must be flexible to accept frequent change in priorities and possess the ability to coordinate tasks under critical time demands.
- Competitive hourly pay
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Training and Advancement opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Birthdays Off
- Philanthropic Opportunities
- Referral Program
- Partial Gym Membership Paid
- Team Building Events
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact [email protected].